Latest threads in Toyota Priusshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Where's the trashcan in a Prius?
Where's the ashtray/trashcan in a Prius? I know that Toyota took out the cigarette lighters and put phony ashtrays in just for trash a while back like most manufacturers. I can't even find that in the...
3
3

"motor assist" obscure warm-up EV mode
This past spring, I was testing a ScanGauge when I noticed our 2003 Prius would hold the fuel consumption to 0.60 gal/hr regardless of the accelerator and speed. I already knew the minimum, idle fuel...
2
2

WTF? A Prototype and Concept Car In A Prius Commercial?
What kind of nonsense vaporware is this? This is as ridiculous as listening to a another LYING Republican claiming what they are going to do and then getting into office and messing everything up....
2
2

Sonata hybrid - not a Prius
Until now, there have only been two hybrid architectures: Toyota/Ford CVT, and Honda IMA. The Sonata provides a third option, fixed gear ratio, single motor transmission. In three months, the Sonata...
1
1

Toyota 2012 Description
I wasn't sure when it would come out but here it is: Î". . . There’s big news for the 2012 Prius in the audio/infotainment area, with new standard systems for Prius Two, Three and Four models. The...
4
4

Another life-time study . . .
This CMU study "Validation of plug-in vehicle life-cycle air emissions and oil displacement benefits" tries to explore the relationship of incentives between hybrid, plug-in hybrid lite, plug-in...

74.4 MPG, love the Prius Fall
Temperatures are cool enough to use the radiator block yet warm enough to get great MPG: is neat is this is over twice the only MPG the local troll has ever claimed. Probably he/she/she-he only gets...
26
26

Wish-list for 2012-13 Prius
The NHW20 received some mid-life improvements in 2006. Notable was fixing the MFD soldering problem. So to, the NHW11 only had three years before it was replaced with the NHW20 but notable changes...
20
20

Whiners about 35 MPG
The obvious conclusion is you don't have the right model of Prius (see thread comparing 2008 and 2010 models.) The 1.8L, ZVW30 Prius has two major technical advances that directly address low mileage:...
6
6

Comparison of 2008 and 2010 Prius
One the primary determinants of Prius performance is the model year. Here is a table of the 2008 versus the 2010: 30-35 2 1.6% 0 0.0% 35-40 7 5.6% 7 4.7% 40-45 35 28.0% 15 10.0% 45-50 41 32.8% 56...
2
2

Cold weather and the Prius skeptic
Prius cold weather performance has been the straw most often grasped by hybrid skeptics. The 1.5L Prius take pains to minimize emissions and engine warm-up and this burns more gas, often...
13
13

Fall and Spring, prime Prius weather
Over the years, I've plotted MPG vs temperature and found 80-85 F is an ideal temperature. Temperatures below 55F require longer warm-up and above 85F often require air conditioning. But between...
10
10

Having fun with Type A drivers
So this evening I was headed home on the access road, 38 mph, when I approached a pair of double-overpasses on the 50 mph limited access or two stop lights. In my rear view mirror, I spotted the "type...
11
11

Rainwater leaks in 2010 Prius???
We've had some pretty intense rain these last couple of weeks, as have a lot of other people. No flooding but lots of water on the roads just from the intensity of the rainfall. We never thought to...
26
26

One annoying Prius driver
I'm a new driver of Prius and I try my best to balance between MPG and traffic condition. This lady driving a Prius before me I encountered the other day was over the edge. She kept driving at 39 to...
20
20