Latest threads in Toyota Priusshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lutz is back
Every now and then I read an article and realize, something that is dreadfully wrong: "(Reuters) - Bob Lutz, the outspoken former product development czar at General Motors, has been hired as a...
1
1

Prius driving tips for a new user?
I just got a 2008 Prius. Are there websites with information on how to drive Prius to be efficient on MPG? I found I accelerate way slower than I used to be. I keep looking at the energy chart to make...
10
10

how to turn on display without turning on the engine?
Just got a 2008 prius 2 days ago. sorry if it's too simple a question. I just wanted to copy some data from the dashboard but it won't show up without turning the power on. Thanks!
3
3

'06 as AC Power Supply?
I need a few hours of AC power (< 4 amps peak) tonight at a remote location (astrononomical telescope mount, laptop). Is it safe (in terms of possible damage to the car) to use my '06 for this purpose...
4
4

Safety Recall Notice
Just got a letter from Toyota regarding the replacement of Electric Power Steering pinion shaft nuts for my 2001. It will be 3 weeks until my schedule permits getting the car in for the work. Any info...
1
1

Hypermiling on a continually hilly terrain
On a hill terrain scenario where a vehicle is going downhill from the top of one hill and then continue without stopping uphill to the top of another hill of equal height, the following hypermiling...
3
3

Will Toyota Etios Liva satisfy the expectations of customers?
The long wait for the first Toyota hatchback in the country is finished as prospective buyers will be able to drive out their Etios Livas out of Toyota showrooms. One of the most anticipated...
1
1

Huntsville forum asks about Prius
Thanks to our local troll and his soon to disappearing posting, I found this Huntsville web site full of FUD to post asking about buying a used Prius: * * * Like most things: good, fast, cheap ......
4
4

Huntsville MacResource Forum
Thanks to our local troll, I found out about a recent thread asking about buying a used Prius. Happily, I was able to add this note: * * * Like most things: good, fast, cheap ... pick two of three. We...
4
4

The stupidity continues
Reciently, the Detroit News published this article: "By David Shepardson . . . The 56.2 mpg figure and EPA's proposed greenhouse gas emissions limits equivalent likely is an opening bargaining point....
11
11

the ignorance continues
"Just remember the warranty is only (last I looked) 3/36k -- and those batteries were estimated at roughly $10k to replace once exhausted. How far from exhaustion will they be with a 2008 model with...

2010 Prius II: A/C on for Defrost?
When I have that silly front defroster grid button pressed, the climate control *not* in auto, and the A/C button isn't lit, is the A/C still running when it's in defrost mode? Why can't they just...
12
12

Was toast Prius ... left over donor parts
Hi, I'm reposting here for any other NHW11 owners who may have a need or see a future need for parts from a crashed, NHW11 Prius. This car was used to get Stephen's 2002 Prius bought at auction back...

Maintenance Intervals
2001 - Why are time intervals specified, for : oil & filter, inverter & engine coolants, changes ? ... And, onlt 2 years for the coolants ..
2
2

Transaxle oil study report
I've been conducting a Prius transaxle oil study over the past six years and just posted a summary report: "Early transaxle oil change - a new car should have the transaxle oil changed early with the...
6
6