Best Rated threads in Toyota Priusshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Knocking noise from a front wheel - second gen Prius
Hi all, The Prius is 2nd gen (2009) with 67K on it now. I have this noise I'm having a hard time explaining to the mechanics at the dealership, perhaps because it has started right after the latest...
17
17

Prius driving tips for a new user?
I just got a 2008 Prius. Are there websites with information on how to drive Prius to be efficient on MPG? I found I accelerate way slower than I used to be. I keep looking at the energy chart to make...
10
10

Intro to Otto vs Prius Atkinson Thermodynamics
Someone asked about compression ratios and engine efficiency. At the time, I reccommended Wiki and Mr. Google not realizing they needed to understand what to ask for . . . thee basics. So I replied:...
2
2

Prius Tire Tuning
One of the interesting aspects of a Prius is the effect of different tire sizes for performance tuning. Recently someone asked 'what is the largest tire' and 'what are the effects on mileage' so this...
78
78

should keylless Prius switch itself off?
I have a 2007 Prius with keyless entry and start. I had it parked in P and the parking brake set. I came out some hours later and found the engine still running even though the key was out of range. I...
10
10

Until you're involved with a FATAL accident first, you'll learn Hybrid Isn't worth.
Michelle claims her 1-ton hybrid is strong than my 2-ton car. Now we know who tells the truth. Until you're involved with a FATAL accident first, you'll learn Hybrid Isn't worth....
55
55

Prius Chat
:-)

Is there already a Dallas Texas Prius Club?
If not then why don't we start one? Steve
3
3

Headlights go on, dash lights dim?
Recently I have noticed that then I turn on my headlights, the dash lights and display dim very noticably. I have an '04 Prius with about 73,000 miles on it and haven't noticed such a difference in...
5
5

Prius Gas Gauge
Bought a 2007 about a month ago and was wondering about the gas gauge. I have gone 400 miles on this tank of gas and the gauge only has one block lit. I know I am getting 50MPG highway, so I have only...
29
29

warning message
Has anyone gotten a warning message before? Four days ago I got a message that said something like "Warning. Battery will not charge unless placed in neutral". When placed in neutral the screen showed...
5
5

Toyota announces new recall for NHW20 Prius model for steering defect
/30/0008Toyota is recalling almost one million Prius cars amid safety concerns with the model's steering. Toyota Prius NHW20 model vehicles produced in Japan from July 2003 to November 2005 are...
2
2

Guess how much to rekey/reprogram alarm? Go ahead...guess
Had my backpack stolen with my license and carkeys. Since the thief knows where I live, I am considering to rekey my vehicle and reprogram my remote/alarm. Dealer estimate? Only $1600. Ouch. Now, I'm...
7
7

resetting gas gauge
Hmmm. I got gas last night (just after my third bar disappeared) and hit reset per usual, and the gas gauge never registered that I had added any gas. How can that be? So what can I expect--that it's...
4
4

Defrosting Serious Ice?
My poor Prius has no shelter and got very iced up last night. I scraped off what I could, which was not nearly enough to drive, and went and turned on the defrosters. But when you just sit there...
30
30

Error Codes
After learning how to read the error codes from a link found here, I tried it on my 2005 and came up with these: System Check Mode: Audio H/U reads CHK; mode memory: 63-46, occurred 05/03/07 time...

2014 Toyota Prius crash test rating drops to four stars
> From AB > > > Ok, if the 2013 and 2014's are identical , why are there changes? What gives? > > > > > > > > There have been no changes in the test standards and no changes in the car, other than...

Rainwater leaks in 2010 Prius???
We've had some pretty intense rain these last couple of weeks, as have a lot of other people. No flooding but lots of water on the roads just from the intensity of the rainfall. We never thought to...
26
26

BATTERY COLD LIGHT
Greetings all. I have an '05 Prius and absolutely love it! Great mileage and it offers a very smooth ride. Now that it's starting to get really cold here in Virginia, I notice whenever the temperature...
13
13

durability of Prius
If I bought a Camry, maintained it well, drove it defensively I could expect at lest 200k miles or more. (maybe less). But how many miles can I expect with a Prius? When will the batteries need to be...
8
8