Latest threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

In praise of Optimax.
In fact I was suspicious that it was snake oil. I have tried it now and then, and wondered if it was all in the mind, but an independent article in 'Mechanics' renewed my interest. Shell claim that it...
3
3

LPT, FPT, HOT - How do you tell them apart?
I'm looking at a 1998 9-3 SE turbo convertible which I'm thinking of buying. But how can I defintively tell what variant of turbo it is? As I understand it, it could be any of three - Low Pressure...
3
3

9-2x 2.5i Sabbaru.. Any thoughts?
Was thinking on getting a 2006 9-2x 2.5i . Any thoughts on this car from current owners would be most appreciated. Thanks
1
1

RFC Saab Service Manuals
I was browsing the website and noticed that they had a collection of service manuals for my 1991 9000T Has anyone seen these manuals and able to comment on their value? Walt Kienzle
9
9

Clark Gas?
Anyone know what gas Clark Gas Stations use? I seem to get about 2 mpg increase compared to Citgo high octane in my 2004 9-3 Aero manual. I can't find anything useful on the net about Clark! Is there...
2
2

95 Timing Chain & Turbo replacement costs / justification.
My 2000 model year, 95 2.0LPT (109k miles) just became a smoke generator. My local dealer has diagnosed a blown turbo and also that the timing chain is rattling and loose. They are advising...
9
9

95 non start driving me mad!
Help! An unusual expression here I guess? :) I have a 2000 95 that has a weird problem. It starts cold fine. Drive it for 15 mins, and 50% of the time, turn the key to re-start and nothing. Wait 30...
4
4

first euro-Cadillac (BLS) rolls off Trollhattan production line
one of the best looking Cadillacs ever produced (of course, b/c it's essentially a rebadged 9-3 ;-). - tex
1
1

'94 9000....again
Two more issues today. First is that the radio will not accept the code that was on the card in the car. I keep putting it in and it keeps saying code. I'm beginning to wonder if I got the right card....
14
14

'94 9000 CSE blower motor issue
Hi all, I just bought the above vehicle yesterday knowing I would have to replace the blower motor and the heater core. On driving home, I decided to turn on the ACC. The motor seemed to operate but...
3
3

Coolant Pump
Am about to replace the coolant pump on a '91 900i. Any advice re degree of difficulty, shortcuts and things to look out for would be appreciated. Thanks,

Seat Warmer Never Turns Off
I own a 99 9-5 with 94K miles. I have two problems. 1. The seat warmers do not turn off. They are always on regardless of the switch settings. Any suggestions on how to diagnose this? I assume I have...
3
3

Saab Videos
All, Please check out the latest updates on It seems like some nice folks are posting to now which is great! SG
15
15

Mixing ages of Saab Clarion Radios?
We just bought a 1992 SAAB 900 T. It has the equalizer with the CD player that came with it originally. But, it has an after market radio, so the equalizer is not connected right now. If I take the...
1
1

SeatBelt Replacement for 1996 SAAB 2.0L Convertable
Greetings, My driver's side seatbelt stoped working and I think I need to replace the whole assembly. The belt will not pull out from the roller and I'm thinking the spring (or whatever) is inside the...
27
27