96 NG 900S V6 drive train vibration

Said car has developed a noticeable vibration when accelerating at cruising speeds. Vibration can be cancelled or modified by slightly turning the steering wheel or backing off the throttle. When on constant light throttle cruising at motorway speeds there is no vibration.

The wheels are true, tyres balanced and have only done 5 thousand km, rotors are new.

What are the most likely causes? I am guessing that a worn CVJ is a strong possibility.

Reply to
Node monkey

Hi,

I'm currently dealing with a similar problem in my c900 (see thread "inner drive axle"). From my experience, you might want to consider the inner universal joint as a possible cause, in addition to CV joint.

John

Reply to
John B

light throttle cruising