Latest threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Best price on replacement hood badge for 02 9.5?
$5 I ever spent. Withstands Canadian winters, where the orig. is chipping away quite easily. Bonus: you don't have to finagle with taking the badge off the hood and glue it back = more time for...
13
13

wurring n/s driveshaft?
hi folks, On my '87 900 T16S i have had a developing wurring noise from the front n/s wheel. It sounds like a wheel bearing becoming worn but i replaced both front bearings 18 months ago, also no...

GM decides to sell its stake in Izuzu
Source: NHK URL Source: US automaker General Motors has decided to sell its stake in Isuzu Motors to Japanese firms. General Motors has been negotiating to sell its 7.9 percent stake in the Japanese...

Direct lock up on 3rd and 4th gear on auto transmission
The Saab 9000 auto transmission offers direct lock up on 3rd and 4th gears. I assume this direct lock up function is automatically engaged on those gears. But please, how to tell if the lock up fails?...

Did GM Screw Saab's Hybrid?
Interesting question at I would suggest checking it out for anyone interested in the Saab marque.
4
4

looking to buy 96 900 se turbo sedan
Whats up people? I am looking to buy a 96 900 se turbo with 114,000 miles on it. The guy wants $5000 but blue book is like $4100. I need to know what kinda things will be going bad or needing...

AIRCON PROBLEMS FUSE
I have a 1985 classic 900 - the a/c functions but when I press the recirc switch the a/c fuse blows. This is a new problem as the recirc functioned before. Has anyone ever had a similar problem?...
1
1

Parts needed urgently in the UK.
does anyone have a working fuel gauge sender in their parts collections. I need one for a later C900. It is the post 89 model sender with the white 3 pin connection. I can PayPal what you ask, if you...

'89 900 (non-turbo) Rear Caliper Piston Question
I've adjusted the caliper piston back as far as I can but the new brake pads still won't fit. Should the front of the piston be flush with the rubber gasket? If so then what is causing it not to...
6
6

C900 Audio system troubles.
OK, I have a problem. I sold the Convertible to a guy from Germany. It was ebayed, and listed as having a radio cassette. He is coming to collect it next Sunday, so today I went to have a look for...

Help me create a Saab paint guide
Hey all, I am creating a Saab paint guide, and I have most of the Saab color code, paint chips and names for the last 15 or so years. I need some information that maybe someone out there can help me...
8
8

Gas Odor
Where would one begin to look to find the reason for a gasoline odor inside the car after it has been standing. It's a 1991, 900 - has been maintained very well - 85,000 miles. The last service was a...
3
3

Spark Plugs list for C900
You can find the list here: is just a quickie excel spreadsheet with the plug list and accompanying data.
2
2

Saab 9-5 wagon ignition problem
I have a 2000, Saab 9-5, wagon, 3L V6. The vehicle has developed a strange problem which I would like to know if anyone else has experienced. The problem occurs when the vehicle is running. The engine...
1
1

Saab Accessories going away at Saab??
Interesting but shocking news. I asked this technician in the U.S.A. who works at a Saab dealership about why he was selling all of these yellow Saab 900 convertibles that look just like the ones on...
2
2