Best Rated threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gear Grinding
My ethereal bliss over my recently purchased 97 9000 is tainted by one concern: The gears grind when putting it in reverse, and occasionally in 3rd. Putting it in first before pulling back to reverse...
9
9

Fuel Question for 9-3
Does Saab recommend premium fuel for the 9-3 (2002 and after) or can you use regular unleaded? Thanks.
3
3

Identifying Bad Engine Mounts
What's the best way to test engine mounts on a 900 SE? If I apply the parking brake, put it in first and let the clutch out the front of the engine either raises about an inch, or the rear of the...
1
1

9-3 gas cap & engine warning light
I'm driving a 2003 Saab 9-3 where the engine warning light remains ON at all times. Four vists between two local Saab dealers has resulted in them replacing the gas cap twice. A diagnotic check (they...
2
2

Codes P1300, P0300
1999 9-5 This car began to get diagnostic trouble codes P0300 (Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire) and P1300 (Manufacturer Control or Misfire) a few months ago. I can reset the codes with the OBD...
1
1

1985 900 Turbo - APC question
Hello, I have a perfectly running 1985 Turbo, except I'm only getting base boost (about 1/3 into the yellow on the gauge). My local indie mechanic who's very heavily used and highly regarded in these...
11
11

2004 Saab 9-5: Clearing "Time For Service" reminder
Anyone know how to clear the "Time For Service" reminder on the SID? All the owner's manual states is have the dealer do it. The dealer told me it has to be hooked up to a computer, that it's a...
2
2

P0300 and P0340 (Cam shaft position Sensor) Saab 93 (1999)
Hi, Please if anyone could help me. I am getting a check engine light. And it blinks some times. I went to autozone and got the following codes P0300 (Multiple cylinder misfire) and P0340 (Cam shaft...
3
3

Direct lock up on 3rd and 4th gear on auto transmission
The Saab 9000 auto transmission offers direct lock up on 3rd and 4th gears. I assume this direct lock up function is automatically engaged on those gears. But please, how to tell if the lock up fails?...

How fast does a turbo spin
Just for interest, how fast does a turbo spin? Is there a difference between models? Presumably a FPT spins faster than a LPT?
3
3

9-3 CD player question
Could someone please confirm whether the CD player in a new 9-3 should also play mp3 discs, or just regular audio? Any suggestion for a website that discusses things like this about saabs? Thanks...

Classic 900 Turbo problem
Hello again...well the mighty Saab is acting up again....This time she picked the hottest day of the year to it with the temp pushing 45 degree outside....So here are the symptoms etc: Not sure if...
6
6

Saab 900S (1988) - Not Working: Dash Lights, Dome Light, Heated Seats
Hi everyone. It's my first time posting here, so I hope I'm going about this the right way. I recently bought a Saab 900S (4-door) (1988) with 185k mi on it. Now that I have replaced the muffler, it...
4
4

9000 CSE PowerSteering foaming
I have a 96 9000 CSE turbo 4. When I started it today, heard and felt a grumpling from the power steering. Opened hood and found power steering fluid foaming and being pushed out of resevouir. Allowed...
3
3

C900: differences soft turbo vs. standard turbo?
Hi, after a few years without a 900 i'm recently considering to get one again. By chance i ran across a 900 soft turbo today.. just had a quick look as the shop was closed, but at least the exterior...
20
20

[Saab_c900] Received my Heuschmid 4SN C900 body kit! Now needing documentation
Hi everyone, During the past week the Heuschmid 4-door C900 body kit I bought from an Ebay seller also located in Australia has arrived after the courier company delivering it from Melbourne to Sydney...
5
5

2.3 turbo vs 2.0 turbo
Hi i was wondering what engine is stronger the 2.0 turbo saab 9000 motor (B202) or the 2.3 saab 9000 motor (B234)? and i dont mean stronger as in HP but as in strength of the motor itself what motor...
3
3

Mystery part.
Hi all, I ordered a new alloy rim for my 9-3 from the other week. When it turned up, this was in the box with it:- didn't charge me for it - it looks like it fell in by mistake. It says Saab on it and...
7
7

[Saab_c9000] Saab C9000 SuperSwede's in Australia?
Hi everyone, Following on from Clifford Bernard's SuperSwede being offered for sale via Ebay recently, it has started me wondering just how many of these unique Saab 9000's made it to Australia, and...
27
27

Saab 9-3 brakes...help!
I am helping my father in law with the brakes on his 2003 9-3 Saab 2.0t Linear. I've done brakes on my Honda, Mercury, and Chevy, but never on a Saab, so I was in for a treat! After taking off the...
10
10