Best Rated threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1990 C900 T16 w/ABS - Where's my clutch fluid reservoir?
Saaboteurs, Does my C900 with ABS brakes have a separate reservoir for my clutch fluid, or is my brake fluid reservoir also used to supply fluid to my clutch master cylinder? I've looked thru my...
1
1

97-900 - Alternator problem
Hey all, Has anyone out there delt with replacing the alternator regulator and brushes on this model? I hate the thought of yanking the Alternator to do this job -- just because its such a bare. Can...
1
1

9000 - Blower motor makes squeaky noises
My '92 9000 2.3 turbo' blower motor makes squeaky noises (it's positioned near the wipers motor), what can I do without dismantling halve the car? Tx, Arjan
4
4

How to match imola red color
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows a source of a substantial quantity of the "imola red" color, preferably in the spay form. I have only been able to find the little 'touch-up' bottles. They work well, but...
10
10

99 engine water drain plug
Hi all, I have been unable to located an engine water drain plug for my 99, and I'm thinking of taking a different direction. Does anyone know what size the plug is? I want to find just a generic plug...
3
3

High mileage badges?
Greetings, all. I have a 1986 900 with well over 300,000 miles. I was wondering if Saab offers any "recognition" of this in the form of grill badges like Volvo does? Thanks, --Dale
1
1

Classic 900 carburetor engines
Okay, a hundred break off a single SU carb. I'm feeling the need for some old-fashioned carburetor goodness and have the possibility to buy one of these beasts. What's the tuning possibilities on one...
15
15

Violent front end shake at 50-65 mph
I'm a "car doofus", so forgive me. I have a 94 900S with 137,000 miles. The front end shakes violently when I'm in the 50-65 mph range. At lower speeds, all seems okay (more on that later). Above 65...
10
10

program garage door opener? 2003 saab 9-3
I just purchase a used 2003 saab 9-3 with no user manaul, which is on order. Can someone tell me how to program the garage door opener on the rear view mirror? thks tom

Caliper rubbing on wheel - 95' SAAB 900s
Just bought a 95' SAAB 3 days ago, and today I noticed a grinding noise on the drivers side (left) front wheel. Thought it was the brake shoes (or lack of), but have 90% shoes. However, there is a...
6
6

can B201 8-valve engines run on unleaded fuel?
My 900-S has an 8-valve B201 engine and runs fine, but here in Australia, leaded-replacement fuel (called 'LRP') is considerably more expensive than standard unleaded fuel. The price difference is...
16
16

Jingling noise on hard acceleration
Anyone heard of a jingling noise coming from the engine compartment during a hard acceleration? I have a 1999 9-3 Convertible with 40k miles. The jingling noise is not present if I don't accelerate...
7
7

2003 9-3 Vector: DTE problem
Hi I bought a UK-spec 1.8t 9-3 Vector a couple of months ago. Everything's been fine, except for one annoying problem that's just appeared in the last couple of weeks. The SID has a "DTE" (Distance To...
3
3

1995 900se turbo convertible clutch cable. How to adjust?
Hi all, Guess when it rains it pours. A couple of weeks ago I ended up forking out $160 for a used driver's seat belt because the one I had stopped telescoping. Today, on my way home I lost the...

Re: 9-5 ACC fault codes
The code on the left, 1, is the number of faults. The error code, 13, means that a stepping motor is having problems moving the air distribution flap.
1
1

coolant level keeps dropping.
I have a 2006 9-3 Aero. The coolant level has needed refilling twice in the last 5 months. Has anyone had this same problem? There are no leaks that I can see or find, no marks on the garage floor....
11
11

9-5 start up beeps
Just purchased a 2001 9-5 aero...and wondering if it should be beeping at me 7 times during the start-up check, or whether this means something is wrong. Regards, spence
3
3

Troubleshooting the Bosch CIS cold start system
Hi everyone ... My car is a 1989 900 T8 Special. I have the Bosch CIS fuel injection system and the cold start/warm idle is really bugging me! If I setup the cold start right, it's great ... Then when...
6
6

bypass twice module
any body know how to bypass the TWICE module in a 1998 saab 9-5 ? if i cant find out , i gotta drag me saab 500 km to the nearest saab service to get it reprogrammed , comes up with a P1460 ERROR....

p0106 error code
I got error codes 0300 and 0106 indicating misfire and map sensor problem. Any ideas what I should take a look at? I'm not a mechanic so pics are a bonus!
1
1