Best Rated threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

9-3 viggen - Throttle Motor. Full PWM in Closing Direction
I get check engine light with two fault codes: 1260 and 1251 after I took the cylinder head off to change the head gasket. The first one 1260 is the "Throttle Return Spring. Too Low Force" and the...
11
11

Gear knob removal
Does anyone know how to remove the gear knob from a Saab 9-3 2002??? There is some burst stitches in the leather of my wife?s 9-3 conv, and she wants me to replace the knob.........Thanks
4
4

Saab 95 diesel estate auxillary heater
The aux heater kicks out alot of smoke when running. Is there are quick cure for this (can it be cleaned out. If left running does the smoke stop?) or does the unit need replacing. We are turning the...
3
3

clarion db349mp
necesito conseguir el manual de usuario para un radio calrion DB349mp, les agradezco la ayuda.
2
2

Lifetime of Saab
Hello! I just bought Saab 900i -91. It is former police car, so i guess all maintenances has done in time. There seems to be nothing wrong in car, its in good shape and no corrosion. 400 000...
49
49

9-5 loads of smoke on startup?
Posting on behalf of a friend who has just acquired a 1999 Saab 9-5 2.3t SE with 135,000 miles. The car drives well but when first start up there is plumes of bluish/grey smoke out the exhaust. The...
12
12

How do I change our clock from 24 hour to 12 hour on a Saab 9000?
Someone was messing around with my wife's clock on her 9000 CSE and set the clock into 24 hour mode. Now we can't figure out how to get it back to the 12 hour mode and we can't find how to do this in...
5
5

Smoking Auxiliary belt (fan belt / serpentine belt)
Hi, On a long trip at high speed, once I slowed down I noticed a burning smell from the engine compartment (of my 1997 Saab 900s 2.0i, 160K miles). I opened the bonnet and there was a small amount of...
8
8

1999 9-5 acc recurring error code 22
Hi, Two months ago our '99 9-5 wagon's acc showed error code 22. I searched saabnet and asked the dealer to update the software for the unit. That was done and it worked fine until now, when the same...

Saab 9-2x 2.5 Opinion
I was given a 9-2x 2.5 non-turbo while my car is in the shop. I like the ride and handling, but the interior is cheap and the doors seem very flimsy. The engine is very touchy, hard to drive smoothly....
4
4

1999 9-5 reverse lights always on?
My mom's 1999 9-5 wagon's reverse lights (or what seem to be the reverse lights) turn on when the car turns on and they don't turn off, I was following her on the freeway at night and every single car...
3
3

Notice: Saab Car Club of Australia NSW Branch Meeting on May 9th
Hi everyone, The NSW branch of SCCA will be holding it's next members meeting next Tuesday (May 9th) at Heartland Saab in Parramatta. Heartland is located at 49 - 59 Church Street. If you approach...

Any way to SOFTEN RIDE on 2003 9-3 SE Convt?
Any way to SOFTEN RIDE on 2003 9-3 SE Convt? Recently purchased this car and love everything about it except the extremely harsh ride. SAAB dealer told me that that ride was standard for that year. Is...
5
5

Central Locking Wiring Diagram.
Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the central locking on a 1991 9000? Thanks, Chris.
2
2

Viggen
If anyone can help me out that would be amazing. I have a 99 Saab 93 Viggen and I love it. I have just taken it to a body shop, to reattach the front bumper that was disconnected from under the wheel...
2
2

2000 9-5 2.3T Blown Head gasket
I have a 2000 9-5 2.3T that went to the dealer for a coolant leak. Discovered a blown head gasket. Dealer repaired head gasket and replaced valves. Since then the car has been idling rough,...
4
4

2003 9-3 Linear: Full Alarm vs. Door Alarm Only
I would like to keep the alarm on my 9-3 on Door Alarm Only (for reasons related to pets and leaving windows partially open in the summer). After having set the alarm to Door Alarm Only, it later...

[Saab_c900] Are new turbo overboost switches for 8V engines available?
Hiya, Got a bit of an issue with the overboost switch in my 8V turbo. Has a big vacuum leak and I think it's one of the reasons that the engine's not running properly (and not starting at all...
4
4

Removing rear spoilers?
How easy is it to remove a rear spoiler from a 2000 9-3 convertible, without making a mess of the boot/trunk? Alternatively, can anyone suggest a justification for leaving it on...? As you might...
15
15

1999 9-3 Alternator Pulley Noise
Hi all, The alternator pulley seems to be going a bit noisy on me. I'm assuming there's a bearing somewhere in there. Can I change just that, or should I go for the rebuilt alternator unit? I looked...
10
10