Best Rated threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Does anyone know a good Saab Body Shop in San Diego?
I have some auto body/suspension repair that needs to be done to my 2000 Saab 9-3 SE. Does anyone know of a reputable Auto Body/Collision Repair shop that could do the work in San Diego? Thanks so...

DIY versus "red box" APC
What differences would one expect between a DIY APC upgrade such as the one outlined at and a ~$300box from a professional tuner? Obviously the former involves moreeffort, but is the final product...
4
4

Replacing SAAB 93 Remote Casing (UK)
Hi, The 'Replace Battery' message appeared on the SID in my 93. The replacement battery is a CR2032 so I bought 5 off eBay for =A32. Things were looking good... The problem is the screw that keeps the...

front end shakes (c900)
Hi, I did a fair amount of driving over the last couple days (what with the holiday and all) in my 1992 900 (NA). All was well yesterday, and most of today, until right around dusk. While driving on...
23
23

Ticking/Spark noise C900
When I have the bonnet (hood) open I can hear a loud noise like a spark from around the inlet manifold area. Any clues anyone? Injector, knock sensor? About 4 per second? Increases with engine revs....
15
15

AS and WB buttons on my stereo
Hi... does anyone know what the AS button is for on my SAAB 9-3 on the radio? All it seems to do is still tune into FM...
2
2

[Saab_c900] balljoint removal/replacment on a C900 - tools? tips?
Hi everyone, I'm trying to replace a dud balljoint on my 1985 900i (they all need replacing but one at a time suits me so far!) and am a bit stuck (for want of a better phrase!). I've posted a couple...
11
11

How do you pronounce Saab?
sob or sub?
25
25

Saab Louvers.
Any one know how to mount the rear window louvers on the classic 900? Jeremy
43
43

bars leaks
hey i just got a bottle of bars leaks for the antyfreez and it says to put it in the radiator cap and since my saab does not have one can i just put it in the overflow tank? and i'm going to change...
16
16

Pressing Brakes causes AM radio Static
Hi All, I have a '94 9kCSE that has recently developed a strange and intermittent problem. Frequently when I apply the brakes, I get static on the AM radio. What could cause this and how do I fix it?...
10
10

horn not working????
hi my 1990 9000s horn does not work the fuse is good the horns are plugged in but it does not work why is that? it was working last month but not now and are there eny tricks to get my car running...
11
11

over heating white smoke
Go to a mechanic and have a leakdown test performed, that'll tell you where the problem is. 95% chance the head gasket is blown.
4
4

Saab 9-5 1998-99 wis, 2003 epc, download from here
I ran across this link and thought I would pass it on. As far as I can tell it looks very promising. I installed the wis and it works for me. Epc is next, but I'll need time later to do it. It was...
13
13

Overboost problem
I have been living with an overboost problem on my '92 9000 for a while now due to financial constraints. The turbo will boost to where it starts touching red on the gauge which will in turn cut out...
12
12

Saab 9000 Belt Tensioner Restraining Tool
This is supposedly a homemade tool, yet I think an indy once showed me one he bought. Anyone know where that might be? Second thought: How hard is it to relax that tensioner? I thought I might go with...
36
36

88 900 Turbo - key stuck in ignition
My daughter's 88 900 turbo will not let you take the key out of the ignition. The car goes into reverse (5-speed stick), but the interlock to let you turn the key all the way to "off" seems to be...
12
12

2003 9-5 Aero - High pitch "whine" from somewhere inside?
Hi everyone, My 9-5 has started producing some kind of intermittent high pitch whine (without any cheese :) which is audible from inside the car. The weather here has been pretty cold these last few...
3
3

"CDC CODE"
This is the message on the SID when I try to access the CD changer in the trunk. Any knowledge as to what causes this? Do I need a dealer to correct this or do I have other options? Thanks for your...
11
11

9-5 2.3lpt PCV/breather hose burst
OK, this is strange. Driving home last night, my '99 9-5 (2.3 Litre LPT) stumbled and died. Made my way to the side of the interstate, tried to re- start, no joy. Long story short, the hose from the...
17
17