In Need of a Saab Mechanic in LA!

I have a 2000 9-3 convertible - my airconditioning just broke and I'm being quoted $1,200 ($800 for the part and $400 for the labor). Apparently I have to repair some kind of "belt" in my car - my diagnosis per my dealer says "A.C. compressor clutch stuck and not operating".

Any recommendations for a good, trustworthy mechanic in LA - preferably near North Hollywood?

Thanks!

Reply to
klim413

You need to repair the broken compressor. When it locked up it may have also burnt off a belt but the root problem is the stuck compressor. Find out what parts they intend to replace for $800. When a compressor locks up it tends to send shrapnel through the refrigerant circuit. One this particular car it is difficult to flush that shrapnel out of the condenser so it is recommended that you replace it as well. The dryer should also be replaced and I would recommend replacing the expansion device as it is a $50 part that costs hundreds to replace later.

Their labor price sound about right for a dealer.

Never been there though the tell me it's nice.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.