1992 SL1 Power Windows Going BAD...

My wife's 1992 SL1 power windows are both going bad; at the same two or three intervals on both sides they stop ascending or descending, you get an obnoxious grinding noise, and you have to help the window through that spot either up or down. I've tried taking the external door panel off of my dad's deceased 1993 SL2, and found that next to impossible. How can I replace the power modules myself, or would it be easier to simply shop around for used manual window doors and forget the benefits of power windows, etc.?

Thanks

Mothy

Reply to
Troy Barber

I think there might be some sort of Tech. service bulletin on the Saturn windows -- problems with them seem to be fairly common. On my '94, I started having trouble getting the window to go down more than half way. I removed the interior door panel and used both engine oil and WD-40 to lubricate every roller and bearing I could find in there. It made for a major improvement in how the window operated. I was thinking about replacing the regulator mechanism, but it's riveted in, and looked like it would be a real pain to remove.

Troy Barber wrote:

Reply to
David