2007 Sky Pictures

The Sky was recently displayed at Saturn of North Houston and was able to shoot a few pictures. The lighting was surprisingly poor and my ancient Kodak DC215 Zoom is certainly showing its limitations with these shots. Definitely time for a new camera. Pictures aren't great but can be viewed at following link:

Always curious, I asked the tech traveling with the unit if they plan to show it with the top. He said the top is still in design and not available at this time.

John

2004 Vue
Reply to
dogstar

-> The Sky was recently displayed at Saturn of North Houston and was able to

-> shoot a few pictures. The lighting was surprisingly poor and my ancient

-> Kodak DC215 Zoom is certainly showing its limitations with these shots.

-> Definitely time for a new camera. Pictures aren't great but can be viewed

-> at following link:

->

->

-> Always curious, I asked the tech traveling with the unit if they plan to

-> show it with the top. He said the top is still in design and not available

-> at this time.

->

-> John

-> 2004 Vue

Looks a bit like that sporty new Pontiac, imho.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

I certainly like it more than the Miata. It will be intersting how Car and Driver (and similar) review. I'm also interested in how it does in crash testing...

...maybe something to look into for my pending mid-life crisis! (grin)

Thanks for the pics.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Suzie-Q typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

The Solstice?

That would be because they are both based on the Kappa architecture.

Opel will have a version as well.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

I got a few hi-res photos at last year's Chicago auto show - you can see them here:

It is a darn good looking car in person. The photos don't do it justice.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

I agree.

Your link reminds me though of an early prototype shown at the Houston Auto show, Feb 2, 2003. Much different than the current prototype being shown...

dogstar

came

Roy Scherer

Given that it is VERY closely related to the Pontiac Solstice, I would expect that they just didn't want anyone to see the ratty-looking top inflicted on that car. The local Pontiac dealer had their 'demo' Solstice showing here in the Frozen North with the top-down as well -- in November, with the snow flying (the 'flying buttress' gimmick combined with the gun-slit side windows makes the car look quite "prototypish" with the top up, in my opinion -- and apparently the dealer's as well)

Worse still, when lowered, the top pretty much fills the luggage compartment, making this car totally impractical even for week-end trips away. Mazda still out-engineered GM I fear -- though I prefer the look of the Sky / Solstice siblings, and would prefer to buy North American, the Miata can actually be used as a real car, rather than an occasional-use toy.

Reply to
Chris