Best Rated threads in Saturn Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Poor Gas Mileage on an L300?
Well at least I think it is poor! This is a 2004 L300 with about 2,000 miles on it, and yes it is the V6 model. Well since we bought the car we have only been averaging 18-19 mpg, combo Freeway, and...
10
10

Cigarette Lighter Off with Ignition
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but just in case: I've got a 2001 SL2 and now have a radar detector in it (stupid speeding ticket - first one in 10 years). Anyway, the cigarette lighter is...
6
6

AC drain hole on 1994 SL?
I am trying to locate the drain hole for the AC on my 1994 Saturn SL1. I looked along the firewall, but I didn't see any drain there. My last few cars had one on the passenger side firewall, so I...
1
1

obd ii code p0507
Hey there , i have gotten this code and have related it to idle control valve.i changed it and i am still getting the same code. The problem being that my 1999 sl1 idles up at 2000 rpm then eventually...
4
4

Re: Installing Rear speakers on a 2002 SL
I just bought a 97 SL and realized that there are no rear speakers. Can someone confirm that the wiring is already back there and I just need to install speakers, or will I have to run wire from the...
2
2

99 SC2 Oil Consumption
My daughter's 1999 SC2 consumes copious amounts of oil. It is somewhere in the 1,500 miles/quart range. She has roughly 30K miles on it. At least some of the oil loss is from an oil leak. From the...
6
6

P1404 Trouble Code
'Tis the season for trouble codes, I guess... The car is a 1999 SL1 (8V 1.9L etc). P1404 reared it's ugly head this morning upon driving to work and upon LEAVING work, it has disappeared. AutoZone...
4
4

SATURN OEM SPLASH GAURDS 91-96 COMPLETE SET
I have several sets of these splash guards. See URL price is $20.00 plus $5.00 shipping to Cont US. If interestedE-mail me at

97 saturn sc2 bucking and won't rev up
my wife's car is a 1997 Saturn sc2 with 135,000 miles 2 days ago she left it on the side of the road and said it would not run. I went with her to tow it home and it started, drove for about 1/4 mile...
12
12

Loud growl (roadnoise)/vibration from front end
OK guys! Symptom cause: The funny thing, this begins at 35MPH or so when going straight or curving to the left. Below 35MPH or curving to the right the noise completely goes away. The Particulars:...
3
3

Camshaft Position Sensor
My 97 SL2 "Serv. Eng. Soon" light is on. Two error codes are indicating bad O2 (bank 2, sensor 1) and camshaft position sensor. What do Saturn dealers charge to replace these? Is it difficult to DYI?...
30
30

Wrench size for Vue oil filter?
Hi all! Does anyone know what size wrench the cap for the oil filter on the Vue uses? I'm going out this afternoon and thought I'd pick one up. Thanks, Ken
4
4

Horn problem on Saturn SL1'96
So I've been struggling trying to fix my horn for the past couple of weeks on my Saturn SL1 '96. The old horn finally died so I unplugged the wiring from the old horn. Also, I cut the wiring to remove...

Lack of Power with 1997 Saturn SL1
Would anyone be able to help with the lack of power my car seems to have. At acceleration, it has little or NIL power, takes a long time to achive desired speeeds. Could this be dirty EFI system? I...

Sticky Accelerator Pedal on 96 SL2
I have a 1996 SL2 that has a sticky gas pedal. It's not a huge problem, but it is very annoying since acceleration from a stop or a very low speed requires putting additional force on the accelerator...
3
3

Flickering Lights
Has anyone had trouble with their headlights and instrument lights flickering while driving and at idle? Did it result in a new alternator? Saturn service says it's normal - I say they're full of...
8
8

No reverse gear on 2000 Saturn SL2 A/T
I have suddenly lost reverse gear on my 2000 Saturn SL-2 with 108,000 miles of mostly (95%) highway miles. I have done the automatic transmission fluid and filter changes every 30,000 miles. There are...
6
6

EVAP & transmission problems related?
Vehicle Specs: 2000 Saturn SL2 with just over 14,000 miles Background: Since October my 'Service Engine Soon' light has been coming on with some degree of frequency. My service technicians say the...
5
5

2001 Saturn LS2 Code: P0480 and P0481 and P0133
I've got this code coming on after the car got hot one day, which explains why it got. P0480 is what Autozone diagnosed. The PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the control circuit for...
5
5

How do you program a 2004 Saturn VUE keyless remote?
I bought one from an aftermarket dealer, but no instructions came with it. Nor are there any instructions in my manual. Saturn wants $49 to program the remote which takes them 1 minute to do. Anybody...
1
1