Best Rated threads in Saturn Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Which engine has better reliability? 1.9 SOHC or 1.9 DOHC?
Hi everyone, I recently was looking at a Saturn SC2 and the dealer told me that in his opinion the 1.9 DOHC is more reliable. Is that true? I know in the history of GM, most of their DOHC engines are...
11
11

Servise Engine Soon - After rain
On my 96 SL the "Service Engine Soon" comes on after a heavy rain. After the car runs awhile (I guess until the wet area dries) the car will restart with no trouble light. The leak is most likely a...
8
8

1998 SL2 - cracked cylinder?
I bought my 98 SL2 less than a year ago from a local used car dealer here in WV. It had 119,000 miles on it, and drove very smooth. I THOUGHT I did my homework. I did a CarFax report on it, came up...
12
12

Dimming Lights is it only L200's?
I am considering buying a 2003 L200 & saw in the postings mentioning a dimming headlight problem when there is a load on the system (like lowering the power window). Is this a problem that happens on...
3
3

Fixing my tripmeter and Odometer on my Saturn SL2?
Hi there I have a 1992 Saturn SL2 and last thurs, the tripmeter and odometer stopped working. I need to get it looked at, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has had this problem and what...
4
4

Need help fast, spark plugs drenched in oil.
I have a 1991 Saturn SL Sedan 1.9L DOHC. I read a similar post about this but wasn't sure. I pulled out the number 1, 2, and 3 plugs and they were covered in oil, number 1 being the worst and the...
17
17

02 Saturn Vue fault code P0000
Hey Thomas, Here's the deal...As far as the "Check Engine" system and it's inspection... Depending on the year make and model of vehicle you own, this system is different. If you own a 1996 or newer...
2
2

how many miles before the oil change light comes on?
i know saturns need frequent oil changes to maximize engine life. but my 2001 SC1 has been working great with synthetic oil and high quality filters. this winter i used 0w-40 oil and then took a 1000...
8
8

2005 Saturn ION OBD2 requirements
I would like to buy an OBD2 scanner for my 2005 ION QC 2.2l. There seems to be at least four types of OBD2 (ISO 9141, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, and CAN). Which one do I need. The cheap scanners do not...
6
6

98 SL2 shakes when accelerating....?
My 98 Saturn SL2 (74K miles) has recently started to slightly shake/jitter when I accelerate (usually only until 3500 RPMs). It's sort of hard to explain, but I would best describe the feeling as...
11
11

"Secret" 2001 Saturn Alignment Defect
If you bring your car in, Saturn policy is that they will not inform you of this TSB unless you specifically ask for it by name, otherwise you will get an alignment and your car will continue to cup...
3
3

**HELP** 91 DOHC Starts then Dies/Stops Immediately
*** PLEASE HELP *** CAR: 1991 DOHC, 187,000 miles, automatic PROBLEM: Car starts, then dies immediately. Will not run after starting. The start-up sounds normal, but then it just stops running....
11
11

P0842 fault code
Predictably, the morning that we were supposed to leave on vacation, the Vue started shifting very roughly. I had filled the tank the night before so suspected bad fuel. Put in a can of drygas and hit...

2003 Saturn L-200 Climate Control Problem
I received this message from my brother-in-law who is having a problem with his climate control. I pass his message along unedited. This is all I know about his problem. Haven't been able to reach him...
5
5

Need "roof container solution" for camping with SW2 wagon
Hi all, I am looking around for a stowable (probably fabric or vinyl?) container I can mount on top of my '96 SW2 wagon to carry camping gear on long drives. It needs to be waterproof, not just...
2
2

93 Saturn SC2, Overheating issues...HELP???
Hey, I have just purchased a 93 Saturn SC2 DOHC. I only paid 700 so I expected some glitches, but the previous owner didn't mention anything about it overheating. I took it to a MIDAS and they tested...
6
6

2004 VUE V6 AWD - looking for oil change help
I have a 2004 VUE, v6, AWD. I'd like to do my own oil change, as I have done for all of my other vehicles, but I haven't yet been able to find the oil filter! I'll admit that I haven't looked real...
1
1

Long Life Oil for the Saturn EcoTec 2.2 Liter Engine...
Hi all! I've found something interesting. As we know, the 2.2 liter EcoTec engine on the VUEs, the L series and the ION is an international GM engine. This link: that they're recommending long-life...
26
26

Why low resale value for Saturns
I have a 2001 L300 with every option but the sunroof. I purchased it used for $21,000. A quick survey on Edmunds and Kelly's shows my car is worth between $85,00 and $11,000. My car has lost a minimum...
15
15

99 SL1 Saturn Runs Rough
My wifes car is a 1999 Saturn SL1 with about 85k miles on it. Up until this last weekend it was running fine. I changed the oil on it and drove it a bit and it ran fine. The next day my wife reported...
5
5