Best Rated threads in Saturn Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Code P0401 Saturn SL1
Hey everyone , Looking for more help on this code P0401 1999 Saturn SL1 ....something about egr flow insufficient . anybody know the cause . Would it be the egr???? as such or something else linking...
1
1

5 to 9 bolt exhaust manifold
Up to '98 1.9L have 5 bolt exhaust manifold. Are there air injection ports inside the '99's 9 bolt header flange as it's size would seem. Rob
2
2

92 SL2 Rough Idle, No Codes
I recently replaced the EGR soleniod in my 92 SL2 to try and fix the trouble codes 26 and 32 stored on the PCM. I have been driving the car for three days and no codes have been reset however my car...
8
8

2000 SL1 vibration/noise in front end
The car hit a 6 inch curb a couple of years back and ever since a slight vibration/noise has gotten worse. When turning left at high speeds the noise gets louder and turning right it fades away. It...
3
3

95 SW2 dies while driving
I have had this problem for a while. When driving the engine will stop. I have to pull over and it will usually start right up. There have been a couple of times though that it didn't. When that has...
5
5

2000 SL1 automatic transmission noises. Help!
I bought my 2000 Saturn SL1 about a year ago from the used car division of a new car dealer (not a Saturn dealer). For the past 4 or 5 months it has been making noises, which I'm sure are coming from...
7
7

L200 2001 Daytime Running Light indiicator on dash Not Working
I looked at my dash and I see that the Daytime Running Light indicator light doesn't shine anymore. The DRL's are on but not the dash light. I tried moving the parking brake but this didn't do...
2
2

Re: 2002 VUE Fuel Gauge
I bought a 2002 Vue in December of 99. About 6 months out, I had the same problem. Full tank would read almost 1/2 on the gauge, and it would read empty within 50 miles. Saturn tech said it was the...

Vibrating tach and speedometer needles
This has been happening for awhile, and though nothing seems to be affected, curiousity is getting the best of me. '99 SL1, 89k miles. The tachometer and speedometer needles vibrate for about 5...

1998 Saturn SL2 Service Light, code 1690, 1691
My wife took her car to the dealer because the car was hard to start, but once she would slam the door or hood or jumped the battery the car started and ran fine. I checked the alternator and it was...
3
3

Automatic seatbelt problem, '94 SW1
I have a problem with an automatic seatbelt in a '94 SW1. The little car on the door has stopped working. It goes almost to where it's supposed to stop at the rear end of the track, but not quite. The...

2001 SL1 Auto Fluid change interval
I was on and I looked at the history of the SL series of cars. I noticed that in 2001 they started using long life (100K) fluid. When I bought my used 2001 the dealership only had a 2000 manual to...

Revving high in park?
Hi all, Car's been acting a little odd last couple times I drove it. This has never happened before and currently its stupidly cold outside and prolly the coldest this car has ever encountered (about...
8
8

Throttle body cleaning
In some messages I see references to a throttle body cleaning. Should it be done like a maintenance item, on a regular basis? If yes, how often should it be done (mileage/months)? How to do it, or...
4
4

2003 Saturn VUE Snow chains w/ P215/70R16
I just bought a Saturn VUE 4-cyclinder and plan to go to the snow at the end of the month. Has anyone used snow cables (chains) on their vue with Tire size P215/70R16??? The user's manual says, If you...
6
6

Installing newer Saturn CD player into 92 SL2
My sister decided that she wanted a CD player in her car for Christmas. It seems that a newer Saturn CD player is the a good choice without spending alot of money on a aftermarket unit (she may not...
2
2

Saturn Coolant Supplement Pellets?
My 17-year old son has a 1996 SL1 that we drained, flushed, and re-filled with ethylene glycol (Peak brand) coolant earlier today in preparation for winter. When checking out the owner's manual to...
27
27

97 SL1 parking light circuit blows fuses
Has anyone had this problem? My wife will be driving along at night (it's her car) and the entire instrument panel goes dark (save for the indicator lights). Worse, the tail lights go out. It's...
2
2

Bigger Tires?
Anyone running larger diameter tires on their SL1 (1995 to be exact for me) for better highway mileage? I've got the 5 speed. I'd love to know the max diameter we can go to without problems as I do 70...

PO133 Code - Which O2 Sensor?
I've had a sporadic SES light, Autozone read it as a PO133 code which relates to the O2 sensor, my question is, they have two O2 sensors listed, one pre-cat converter and one post. Any thought as to...
4
4