Recommended a Saturn

A lady up the street from me had admired my LW300 and was starting to look for a replacement vehicle. Her Ford wagon went belly-up a bit sooner than hoped for. She got a similar deal to mine for a L series (not sure if it is a 200 or 300) wagon that was 2 years old and had just come off of lease with

40K miles. Hope that she is as happy with hers as I am with mine.

I was a bit surprised that she actually bought anything but a Ford. She is now retired but used to work for the advertising agency that did all of Ford's advertising. Thought for sure that she'd get some sweetheart deal.

Now to convince our purchasing agent at work... He totaled out his VW beetle recently and has to replace it. Several of us at the plant have Saturns. One guy is pushing the Ion, which is probably a better choice for a commuter car than the L series.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

why?

Reply to
ProfWdesk1

Oppie, it really doesnt matter if it is an L or an ION, as they both have the ecotec 2.2 140 hp engine in them. What does matter for someone commuting is how much cabin space that they will need (the L has a little more of course). Mileage is comparable on both. The ION is sportier, the L is more luxury.

And btw - you may want to check with your local Saturn dealer, I have heard about referral programs that may put money in your pocket!

Cheers!

marx404 saturnofstuart

Reply to
marx404

I didn't realize that the 2.2 squeezes out 140hp! I have the 3.0 in my LW and it is rated at 153hp. The MPG figures on the Ion should be a bit higher. Since the guy drives 30 miles each way it seemed like a good idea... given the high cost of gas. And from the sublime to the ridiculous, I am considering not rebuilding the blown motor in my old minivan. Thinking instead of converting it to electric or possibly steam engine. The big storage space is good for either batteries or coal Both options less expensive than gas. 'course there is always bio-diesel. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie