sw2 - no sound from stereo

The car is a 99 sw2. Stereo worked fine until a few days ago, when suddenly, it stopped putting out any sound. The stereo still works - the disc is certainly being read and played, but there is simply no sound. I've checked and re-checked all wiring and fuses. What am I missing? Is there an amp that I am not aware of?

jh

Reply to
onesandzeroes01

I'm assuming all speakers went quiet (front / rear)?

Almost sounds like the amp in your radio went. I say almost because it's rare to see all four channels go at the same time unless there is something common to them (such as something that provides constant voltage to output amps).

Reply to
navaidstech