Best Rated threads in Studebaker Autosshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Avanti expansion tank question
Are Avanti expansion tanks easy to come by(used) if so what would a typical price be,for one that is ready to go ? mine is at the radiator shop,but not sure yet what they'll find until thet pressure...
1
1

Lark Front fenders
Does anyone know of a source for fiberglass front fenders? Or steel for that matter.
8
8

Head casting number?
Have a set of heads with a casting number 536686 and would like to know more details about their origin and compression ratio. Wiz.
5
5

if the motor ID # is 1554641,
what is it? A 289?? It is a 2 bbl. It is not stuck,turns over with the fan interested?? TIA!
3
3

Can you rechrome a mirror without removing the glass?
If not, can the glass be removed without damaging a paint label on it? I have an old 'Passing Eye' mirror assembly in perfect condition except for pitted chrome. The black painted label leaves the...
4
4

Weasel for sale near me
Guys, I was perusing the local classifeds rag and came across a for sale ad for a "1940's Wiesel (their spelling, not mine) Military Track Vehicle". The ad goes on to say that it has a newer Ford 6...
3
3

how do you open a 87 avanti trunk?
I have looked every place but can not find it. I do not have a key for the gas door could that be it. is that key the same as the door lock? i do not have that one eather.I can see some boxes in the...
9
9

What info is in the Vin # on my 1953 Studebaker Champ 2dr?
I know the Vin number but does it tell me the color of the car or what original equipment came with it?
1
1

Parmer Studebaker
A few years ago I bought a steering gear box and and a number of other parts from these folks who used to advertise regularly in Turning Wheels. I noticed that their ad is no longer there and wondered...
1
1

Studebaker buckboard on the Austin Craigslist.
I don't know anything about it, just saw the posting. 1903 Studebaker Buckboard - $2400 Reply to: Date: 2008-03-31, 1:36PM CDT 1903 Studebaker Buckboard, Springboard seat, covered wagon with original...

Ping Shiva (keys
Any chance of getting a couple of Lark door locks rekeyed to match the ignition key?
2
2

63' Rose Mist Paint Formula
Calling Ray F. I didn't see your email addie on the Tarheel page so I'm asking here if you have (or anyone else) has a refined formula for 63' Rose Mist.......?
5
5

Rejuvenating Rubber
Does anyone have any suggestions how I can rejuvenate an old rubber tractor seat? This is a molded vulcanized rubber seat that has been sitting outside for 60+ years. I've heard Armor All, but didn't...
5
5

3 Speed Floor Shift Conversion with OD
Can the floor shift conversion kit from Hurst be used with the 3 speed tranny with Overdrive? It looks like there would be interference with the OD itself. Has anyone done this? Do you have pictures?...
13
13

Royal wire wheels.
Who was the OEM for the Royal wire wheels? I think I have been told that these exact wheels were also used on Buicks (except of course for different snap-on centers for the Buicks). Where they by...
1
1

Unlurjking for a bit, and stirring schitt
OK, to restart the oil wars: ( In short, use CD rated dino or Reline synthetic in Studebakers) This is based on an old pushrod Volvo B20, which has flat, solid lifters... "Unclub" group....
3
3

Don Garlits Video (ot) <link>
Found this pass done at Cecil, Georgia... It never gets any easier....
9
9

OT: Local Legend Dies
Big Bob (Lyle) mentioned this fellow a couple of years ago. Even though he wasn't a Studebaker fan he was a local legend and someone that I looked up to when I was growing up in Motron TX. James (Jim)...

Bell crank bearing remover tool?
I'm in the process of disassembling the steering linkage on my 56 President Classic. I have the bell crank off and the shaft out of the bracket. Now I need to get the bearings out so I can replace...
7
7

C cab rear end swap.
In the early planning of the Caddy swap in my 59 truck I'll need to research a Chevy wheel bolt pattern rear with a good highway ratio. Someone suggested a Nova, someone else "thought" a Camarao rear...
14
14