Best Rated threads in Studebaker Autosshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

289 V8 Oil Pressure Question
Hi Studidudes, Does anyone know what the "normal" engine hot oil pressure range is supposed to be for a 1956 Studebaker 289 V8 engine? All I know is that the oil pressure is normally lower in 62' and...
11
11

Motorhead oil
Many of us use diesel rated oils like Rotella for it's zinc content to protect our Studebaker cam shafts. Those oils contain .14 percent zinc and that's do to drop next year. I learned this from a ad...
10
10

6 Volt starter problems
I receive many emails about starting problems with 6 volt cars. Here is a standard reply that may be interesting to some members. Some owners rip out the 6 volt stuff and install 12 volt system with...
10
10

96 Blazer interior in '60 Lark Wagon
Saw this in "other makes". Interior fits preatty good. Nice daily driver.
3
3

Speedometer Gear ?
When you change from 16 to 15 inch wheels. Do you use less teeth or more teeth on the gear
5
5

Dana 44 TT gear lubricant.
Need recommendations for twin- traction model 44 rear axle lubricant or additives? I've got the cover off and shafts pulled. Going to get kerosene to clean it up. Thanks again. jimmijim
6
6

Avanti Radiator Question
I need to remove the steel radiator support - the rectangular steel "frame" with the two ears that bolt to the frame on my "63 Avanti in order to strip and paint it. How do you get it out? Did they...
8
8

Radiator core
The radiator in my Hawk gave up the ghost yesterday; it was marginal when I put the car together a couple years ago but now it is toast. My local radiator shop is having trouble finding a core. This...
11
11

'58 289 flightomatic rear engine seal
Just acquired a '58 PH, flightomatic and the rear engine seal is really losing it, about a quart every 150 miles. Plus, upon stopping there this ugly, embarrassing spot to disclose I've been there. I...
11
11

Dakota Studebaker Auction July 29th, 2006 - Armour SD <link>
5&ItemType=AUCTIONKen Voight Collection DAKOTA STUDEBAKER-KEN VOIGT COLLECTION-ARMOUR, SD APPROX. 200 CARS-PARTS!: Date: 7/29/2006 Time: 10:00 AM Contact: YVETTE VANDERBRINK 605-201-7005 OR...
2
2

Way OT- CEO compensation (make your blood boil)
To see what CEOs of hundreds of companies are making and their retirement benefits, check the website below. Hint- the average CEO makes 431x what the workers make. Put your salary and benefits in the...
13
13

PCV valve...?
anyone have a PCV valve for a V-8? I have a '63 V-8 in my '55 and the PCV valve has lost its "valve" function, either a good used replacement or a part number for a modern equivalent would be fine......
10
10

Hawk rear body panel
Help. I need a rear body panel for my '64 GT. I would like to get the full width piece. Does anyone have a Hawk body to snip this piece from? I would like as rust free as possible. No bends- thats...
10
10

freeze plug size??
My shop manual has seen fit to go into hiding. What size are the freeze plugs on a 259 engine?? I have a 259 out of a 1960 something Stude, that has been sitting for a while. It is a partial flow...
4
4

Front end kit - Slick street stuff
Thinking about one of the bolt on front end kits from slick street stuff. What experience has anyone had with these kits?
4
4

DG-250 Band Adjustment?
Does anybody have advice on how to adjust the bands on a DG-250 without the special BW tool? I was told to snug them up and then back off four (4) turns - which seems so loose that the anchor strut is...
4
4

SteelTech Solutions disc brake conversion
When we have good service from a vendor I believe in telling people about it, the same as when we have bad service or bad parts -- below is my update on the rear disc brake set up by SteelTech...
17
17

Studebaker Champ Pickup Rim Question
I just bought what I believe is a 1963 Champ pickup with a full-flow 289. It had 2 flat tires and I brought rims from my 64 Champ pickup to put on it to haul home. They did not fit, my rims from my 64...
6
6

The Dusenberg collection of Homer Fitterling.
I sawthif gathering of Dusenbergs only once - at the first SDC IM in SB. It seems that there werr about 25 of them jammed into that barn, gyarded by the lone Packard sbow chassis out in the weeds....
12
12

Solanki Performance Website and Aluminum Blocks (2023 Update)
Guys, I have adjusted the file sizes on my gallery page so I hope you guys don't have any more issues on downloading the pictures or viewing them. Also, I am in the process of makin billet aluminum...
16
16