Best Rated threads in Studebaker Autosshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Decoding a VIN
I've recenly embarked on a retoration voyage on a 51 2 door sedan/Coupe, Model: CHA. In trying to get some background info on the car, I tried (but failed) to find a VIN decoder. Can anyone point me...
2
2

Studebaker R3 Engine For Sale B103
I have an original Granetelli B103 R3 engine for sale. Please email me at for information. This is essentially brand new and museum quality. Serious inquiries only please. Nimesh
16
16

Sad Day.... Nimesh is leaving Studebakers
In the script of the ebay ad for the rods, Nimesh states that he is getting out of Studes.
12
12

positive ground 1954 studebaker champion
Well, the starter turns anyway. It doesn't sound like it is engaging the flywheel. Would there be a distinct "engagement" sound or feel? Steve Vogt
9
9

Studebaker M series "Hawaiian" shirts at WalMart.
I was shopping with my lovely wife at WalMart today and found a red Hawaiian shirt with old trucks on it. A closer inspection showed them to be M series trucks. Pretty cool shirts. $12 bucks here in...

Silvertone mufflers
Finishing up an engine job this week and installed a set of Silvertone exhaust with the "medium" tone mufflers that the customer specified...although I told him to get the "quiet" ones. If these are...
26
26

Any experience with RockAuto.Com (not OT)?
Today I got my monthly ValPak mailing. I usually go through the coupons for cheap car washes, oil changes or pizzas. Today a new coupon jumped out at me. It said "Need Auto Parts at Rockin' Prices?...
5
5

Check Valve
Did any other make of car use the same type of brake booster check valve as a 1963 Avanti. It is the 3 notches type and twists to tighter. Allen
3
3

Studebaker Boats
Ray --------------060309010302070504040701--

Cylinder Head Gasket Sealer?
I bought the thick cylinder head gaskets for the R1 Wagonaire engine (Victor 1100) I know you are supposed to use a sealer on the thinner steel cylinder head gaskets but do not know if I should on...
2
2

53 Stude V8/trans on Austin Craigslist
& transmission for sale - $450 Reply to: see below Date: 2006-08-15, 5:00PM CDT V-8 engine & transmission for 1953 studebaker commander. will take $450 obo 325-247-3311 or 325-247-2654 * this is in or...

Dual (circuit) Master Cylinder Part Number....
OK... after ordering 2 of the Master Cylinders noted as "bolt on... need nothing...work great!"... on Bob Johnstone's Avanti and Studebaker interchange list... Does anyone have a VALID part number for...
4
4

Avanti seat foam
Is replacement foam available for 1963 Avanti front seats? Allen
2
2

Subject: Sex Frog (ot) (humor)
A blonde goes into her local pet shop in search of an exotic pet. As She looks about the store, she notices a box full of frogs. The sign Says: "Sex Frogs! Only $20 each! Comes with complete...

pulley confusion...
So today I finally got to really cleaning and painting the pile of rusty, greasy parts that I'm hoping to assemble into a functional car... also took a look at the mess of pulleys I had and tried to...
13
13

1948 Commander Windshield Visor
I bought a visor for a "Studebaker pickup" but having got it home and trial fitting I found out it is a 1948 Commander Visor. It may well fit other Studebakers or even maybe a M-5 or M-16 truck but it...
4
4

4 Barrel Carb
I have been asked what is a good current 4 barrel carb for a Stude 289? I only have info for SC 2 barrels. What do you suggest?
17
17