Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Impreza Wagon vs Forester

Getting used to Subes
There are some people that feel this forum is a Read Only place, but that's Their problem. Wonder what they are like in person? Maybe it's me, which I Know a big part is, or maybe the car, but this07'...
19
19

Knock sensor
Hi, Trying to locate a knock sensor on 2000 Impreza RS. 2.5 liter engine. Can some one give me a pointer? Never replaced one B4. TIA,
2
2

Getting the 2003 LLbean outback
I put down a dep. on a 2003 55Kmile LLbean outback. They are a tad anemic, wonder how much the geegaws and frooferall weigh? Anyway, my purchase is contingent on the usual list of little things to be...
2
2

Synthetic Oil ??
any thoughts on using Synthetic oil or not? If I had a turbo I would definetly use it, but don't think it is as important in a non turbo motor. Reading about Piston Slap in Subaru's, I let the motor...
32
32

Headlight protection
Just got my new 08 Forester. Any ideas on the best headlight and foglight protection offered? I am hoping to keep the outer lens from fogging as they have done on our Outback wagon. Thanks, CAM
6
6

Cruis control for Impreza MY06?
Hi, does anyone know whether there is a cruise control system available for the MY06 Impreza? Cu Jan
5
5

AWD and tire blowout question
Does having AWD make a tire blowout at high speed any safer? In 30 years of driving I have experienced my first tire blowout at high speed. It happened last month while driving in the left lane of a...
4
4

Advice on a side-swiped Baja
Hi, My Baja got side-swiped by a car coming from the opposite direction about a month ago. We were each going about 35 mph at the time so it took quite a whack. It's in the body shop for repairs right...
4
4

Downsides to the 2003 3.0L 6cyl?
Have a line on an '03 outback with the 6- any known problems? What gas mileage compared to the 2.5? Thanks- Dave
6
6

Noise from HVAC blower
Hi, My son's '95 Subaru Legacy (130K mi.) sedan has an intermittent cricket-like noise when the blower motor is running for heat or AC. I'm assuming the blower needs to be replaced. Is this a huge job...
6
6

Photos of the production version of the Mitsubishi Evolution X
Mitsubishi has presented official photos of the final version of the Evolution X, (the only competitor to the Subaru Impreza STI) which will debut in the Tokyo Motor Show: page has also photos of the...

Short Throw Shifter
Anyone out there have any experience with a short throw shifter.....Will it make life harder or easier for someone new to manual tranny?
1
1

Loud noise audible at highway speed (never notice before)
While driving home late last night on a deserted interstate, noticed my 97 Brighton Wagon(AWD, 158,000 miles) making a notable deep noise, coming from somewhere on the RHS of the vehicle. Couldn't...
11
11

Is there a Subaru Challenge near you?
Thought I'd encourage you guys to check to determine if there is an event near you. Folks near Houston have one in a few weeks. I went to one in D/FW and it was a lot of fun for ~$30 . Got a T-shirt,...