Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Clutch replacement on 99 Legacy.
Hi, My clutch has just started slipping... Just in time for the camping season typical. I've a couple of questions. i) Is it possible for a man with mediocre mechanical skills 4 axle stands and a...
16
16

Subaru Coolant Conditioner?
So, what is in the magic Subaru Coolant Conditioner? is it really needed?
16
16

aftermarket exhausts, '99 Forester?
Our 99 Fartster is just about due for a new exhaust system. The heavy salt use up here in winter corrodes the flanges on the o.e.m. systems, which I'm told are very expensive. If I have to replace the...
2
2

Underbelly Pan
I have an 02 Legacy Outback w/ the 2.5l engine. Does anyone with a similar vehicle have a plastic underbelly pan for the engine? I though it strange that since new I haven't had one, but after...
1
1

coolant for an 02 Legacy?
Other than Genuine Subaru coolant... can I just use plain old green stuff? Or is it like everybody else and require it's own special brand of coolant? I can hardly wait until I need to use brand...
21
21

New Owner Pics
Pics of my son's new ride! D '99 Legacy 30th (son's) Central NJ USA
2
2

Heated external mirrors on 2007 Forester
The 2007 Forester brochure shows these as standard on the 2.5 XT Limited, but, my wife just got a 2007 Forester 2.5 XT Limited, and, they were NOT included. Is there a screw-up, as, we've always...
6
6

Subaru "added security" warrantee
Subject hasn't been covered for a while. Any known sources for significant discounts on Subaru "added security" warrantees? I know they are like parts and can be purchased from any dealer. Thanks in...

heater fan frozen on 2000 outback wagon
very cold weather...no heater, no fan, next day temperatures went up, fan came on as normal... does this mean heater is going?, can I lubricate?...( I am wondering why fuse did not blow when I...

ECU Trouble Code help needed
I have a 99 Legacy GT with the trouble code P0440 Evaporative Emission System. Does anybody know where the sensor is located on this vehicle? I appreciate any help with my quest to find this sensors...
3
3

1990 Subaru Legacy only 1/2 ign coils firing
This is what I've done so far........ Replaced coils... Still 0nly 1&2 fire, 3&4 no reading digital multi Replaced ignition computer ... still same Replaced electronic controls...still same If anyone...
3
3

can not decide: Outback XT vs. Impreza WRX
Hi, I plan to upgrade my car to either Outback XT vs. Impreza WRX Wagon provided I find a good deal. I like more Impreza but wonder if spending $4-5K more will not get me a better overall car. I do...
8
8

2003 OutBack Wind Noise
I just noticed that I am getting alot of wind noise on the drivers side window - right by the mirror. Has anyone encountered this and what was the fix.
5
5

Adding XM Radio to 2007 Forester
My wife bought a 2007 Forester 2.5 XT Limited, which is pre-wired for Sirius (she doesn't have the actual tuner module, which is ~$400), but, she'd rather get XM, as it has more NHL channels, and,...
4
4

Adding Horsepower!
I got my 05 WRX 6 months ago and now I want to add some performance parts. Where is a good place to start? Someone told me it's best to start with the exhaust. That sounds good to me but, is that...
17
17