Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Adding Horsepower!
I got my 05 WRX 6 months ago and now I want to add some performance parts. Where is a good place to start? Someone told me it's best to start with the exhaust. That sounds good to me but, is that...
17
17

98 Outback Head Gasket
I had my timing belt changed at non Subaru shop and then the car started overheating. Mech said radiator was problem even though he suspected head gasket and told me so. What should I do? I'm sure...
1
1

Park a Peugeot
It's not a Subie, but it parks the same way:

Shockies for Subaru Forester GT Jan 2002 AU
85,000k - time to change shockies ? If so, is KYB better than Monroe Sensatrac ? Thank you
1
1

Subaru Forester woes
Can anyone help? I have a 1999 Scooby Forester that was originally imported from Japan when it was new and has the jap speck 240 bhp engine.. About 6 months ago the 'check engine light came on and the...
6
6

2001 forester tail light assembly won't come off
Hello. Need help with a 2001 forester tail light assembly. I have removed 3 nuts in trunk but assembly seems to still be tight on the car. Is there some adhesive that is used or are there more screws...
2
2

2006 Impreza STI gear question
Hi, i finally decided to buy it... But i have one important question.... Can you order it with that Flippers gear change (like WRT car, or Legacy's)... Hope you know what i mean... or is there someone...
2
2

1996 Legacy GT
I have just taken delivery of a 1996 Legacy GT from japan however, theres no owners/users manual and theirs a number of switches behind the auto shifter and one in front i'm not too sure about -...

legacy GT - owners/users manual
i have just taken delivery of a legacy GT (1996) from Japan - however, their is no owners/users manual with it and their's a number of switches on the centre dash behined the auto shifter and one in...
2
2

Windows steam up in winter
Hi, I've had 3 Subies, 1999 latest. In the winter after about 5 minutes of driving the windows start to get covered with condensation. The rear windows are the worst because I can use defroster on...
9
9

None of these are Subies....
Can you imagine being on this road? O
31
31

handbrake operation question
On very steep hills in models with no hill holder is the handbrake alone without foot brake supposed to be strong enough to hold a car in place? If not what adjustments are typically made?
1
1

New Legacy Owner Saying 'Hey'!
Hey! Just bought a '99 Legacy L 30th Anniversary Edition as a first car for my 17-year-old son. We're picking the car up on Sunday. I suspect we'll have lots of questions, not having owned a Subaru...
9
9

Forester starting issue
Hi, our 2001 Forester recently developed cold start problem. It seemed that if the temp got below 25° Fahrenheit and the car sat for at least 24hrs the car was having trouble starting and would idle...
4
4

92 Subaru Legacy Windshield Defrost Kills Engine @ low RPM
I was slowly going down a relatively steep urban grade in the snow...at low RPM. The engine stopped and took steering and brakes with it. I stopped with emergency hand brake. A little tense for...
1
1