Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

burning smell?
2000 Legacy GT wagon - 5speed Hey, I have never had a subaru before, and it just recently snowed alot here, and so I have been driving around, and the AWD works great. However, I just noticed the...
7
7

Loose front axle???
Hey, When my 2000 Legacy GT wagon was on the lift a while ago, I noticed the inner front axle (near the cv joint) has some wiggle to it. You can grab the axle and actually move it a little bit. Is...
1
1

Jan 2002 Forester - tail lights and fog lights?
I own a Jan 2002 Forester in AU. The rear bumper has blank caps where fog lamps should be. I asked SUBARU here in QLD AU if I can get them, answer was NO. Well does this model have fog lamps in Europe...
2
2

2001 Forester - lower gas milage with ComforTread
Hi, I installed GoodYear ComforTread on my 2001 Forester recently. Before that, gas milage in city used to be ~20 mpg. But after I installed the new tires, it became ~18 mpg. Is this normal? Or maybe...
6
6

06 Outback warning light puzzle?
Trying to find out if anyone knows what ER HC means? I drive an '06 Outback Wagon with VDC. It appeared on my odometer, above the mileage where the trip mileage would normally be. At the same time the...
1
1

no defrost
My subbie has been sitting all summer. It's a 87 & still going. No surprise there though. I prefer that car over my brand new 06 Chevy though in the snow. Problem is no defrost. There's heat & air...
3
3

1996 WRX auto
Any one help, my scooby when I start it from cold is stalling when I go to press on the accelerator but if I leave it ticking over a while it is ok sort of, but the engine warning light stays on and...
1
1

SUBARU OUTBACK 3.0R 2005 ELECTRONIC PROBLEM
LAST WINTER THE PROBLEM APPEARED WHEN THE WEATHER WAS ESPECIALLY HUMID (SLUSHY DAYS). 1ST THE HAZARDS STARTED TO FLASH BY THEMSELF. 2ND THE SPEEDOMETER STARTED TO WORK "ON AND OFF". 3RD THEIR WAS AN...
1
1

FS Brisbane - $355. Subaru Wagon 1984 4WD. White, 204k, Books, One Own GC
NO RWC, NO Reg, Good Original Condition. NO OIL Leaks... HAS POWERESTEERING... MOTOR IS VERY GOOD has also .Leak in radiator fin channel .One lightly scrubbed front tyre .5mm cv boot tear that doesnt...
1
1

Radio Interference
2002 Impreza - purchased used - Is it normal for the heater or A/C fan to cause static in the radio? This is the first Subaru that I have owned (Saab previously) and I like it but am surprised at how...
7
7

Tires for WRX
I have a set of 225/50/16 Nitto NT 450 extream performance tires on the stock wheels. They were new and on the car when i bought it used. I'm about to replace them and thinking about going back to the...
6
6

Anybody experiment with tire pressures and mpg?
I've been getting pretty bad mileage lately -- first full winter with my "new" '97 Outback -- and noticed a drop in the mileage (below 20 mpg). I checked the tire pressures and they had dropped about...
16
16

2008 IMPREZA
looks like EVO 8-9, too mutch "evolution" change for me... Tell your opinion.. And Wing sucks big time
2
2

1998 Subaru Legacy - Bouncing Steering Wheel
I just purcahsed a 1998 Subaru Legacy with 93,000 miles on it. It is AWD with the 2.5 engine and cruise control. When you start the car off at slow speeds, there is a slight rocking in the car. You...
4
4

2000 Subaru Outback Fob foibles
I recently bought a used Subaru Outback and couldn't be happier. That was until both keyless entry FOBs seemed to be on their way out. I'm looking for any help diagnosing this trouble. Both of the...
5
5