Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Keeping title even though car isn't recovered
My car has been stolen about 7 days ago and still has yet been recovered. My insurance company wants to wait 30 days before paying out. I want to know if I can keep my title even though the car has...
11
11

Any satellite-based accessory available?
If I go outside cell-phone coverage area, what are my connection options (besides renting a satellite phone)? Are there any automotive appliances with satellite communication capability? Boris
4
4

92 Legacy - Where is the oil pressure sensor?
1992 Subaru Legacy L wagon AWD non-ABS non-turbo I think my oil pressure sensor is on the fritz. The oil light came on so I figured that I was low on oil. Since I was driving, reading the oil level on...
11
11

gas fumes in cabin in cold weather
I have a 2000 Outback with automatic transmission. The car runs great and the engine light never comes on. Sometimes, in the winter, I will start the car and gas fumes will fill the cabin when the...
11
11

Cost of 30k servicing for 2004 Forester
I recently had the 30k servicing done by a local mechanic, who was recommended to me by my son. The reason I called him was that I was surprised by the $632 + tax price quoted to me by my local Subaru...
17
17

Wood trim; 04 OB Sedan Ltd.
I sustained a small chip on the wood trim around the transmission shift. Any suggestions as to how to repair or cover it without purchasing an entire wood trim kit? Thanks.
1
1

Help Garage needed Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hi, Can anyone recommend a good dealer or better still independent, to service my 53 model non turbo Imprezza. PLease help. Steve

1997 subaru legacy overheating
Got a 97 subaru legay (2.5l) and it blew the rediator cap the day I drove it home from where I bought it. The price was so good, YOU COULDNT GET ME TO RETURN IT. ($3,500 fools) This could have been...
13
13

Got snow?

how to read brake pad wear?
I looked at my brakes and I see this: (front passenger side) How do I read the wear status of the pad? Or, how do I know when to replace the pad? Do I have to take the wheel off and make a...
5
5

Subaru 2000 Legacy Cold Start Problems
The car was manufactured in Canada, however the engine was replaced locally before i bought it. My understanding is that it is a 2.5L single cam. During warm weather the engine runs great. At 30...
3
3

Subaru 2000 Legacy Cold Start Problems
The car was manufactured in Canada, however the engine was replaced locally before i bought it. My understanding is that it is a 2.5L single cam. During warm weather the engine runs great. At 30...

larger battery in wrx?
The battery in my 2002 wrx is getting weak; the starter sometimes crank slow on cold mornings. I think I contributed to the battery's weakness by accidentally leaving the dome light on overnight once...
16
16

b9 Tribeca, problems?
How has this car held up? Any problems
1
1

Subaru should be the official car of winter.
We just got dumped with about 8-12" of snow. I decided to take my daughter to visit grandma instead of snowblowing my driveway. The roads were still pretty ugly - I probably should have stayed home....
11
11