Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Failed emmissions test - computer problem
I just purchased a really clean 1991 Subaru legacy from a private party. I bought it knowing the censor light on the dash was malfunctioning and wouldn't go out - dumb, I know! I had it at a reliable...
4
4

Buying an STi PPP impreza 04 UK
Thinking of buying a 2004 or younger STI PPP impreza in the UK, got an integra type R just now. Any STI owners in the group who can give me an idea of running costs, servicing costs etc etc? How...
2
2

Tires for Legacy GT Limited Sedan and Colorado
Have a 2006 Outback 3.0 VDC, but, due to hesitation problems with it, I'm trading it in for a 2007 Legacy GT Limited Sedan. Got home OK in the Big Denver Blizzard in the Outback, which has Potenza...
13
13

Accessing front signal lamps 98 Legacy Outback
I have a 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback. A front right directional signal lamp needs to be replaced, but I am not certain as to how to access it? Can someone provide me with some direction? Thanks....
2
2

Firestone Affinity LH30 tyres on 2001 Forester
I'm going for a trip: 1,500-2,000 miles altogether. There will be no driving on snow or ice (during the trip): Southern California and Las Vegas. Car: 2001 Forester. Tires (I drove 45K miles on them):...
10
10

burning oil, i think...head gasket?
Hey... After a recent oil change (I put more than usual in, in the past I underfill a little but I don't think I went over the 4.8 spec) my '97 legacy outback wagon smelled like burning oil anytime I...
5
5

failed emissions test
We have a 1990 Subaru Legacy, AT, AWD, wagon and it seems to run smooth, no smoke from the exaust. Just replaced the radiator. Took it in for emissions and it failed. Anyone with ideas??? Thank-you.
3
3

Source of used parts
Recently my son turned me on to an on-line source for used parts, all makes, models. enter your needs and it returns a list of all the member bone yards that have the part for sale. The switch for the...

Seatbelt chime disabled
Just wanted to report back to the group that the hack to disable the seatbelt chime works. For those who may have missed it, here it is: 1. Sitting in driver's seat with door closed, turn ignition key...
3
3

Update on Legacy loss of power
Thanks to all those who suggested things to check etc. The problem has just suddenly disappeared now after 4 weeks and 6 tanks of gas. It had been suggested that cheap gas has somehow contaminated a...

Where flasher relays in Forester?
Where are the flasher relays in a 2001 Forester? I saw a posting here that said they were next to the fuse panel. I took that to mean the one under the dashboard, and I see three cylindrical cans...
2
2

handbrake turns off daytime runing lights - can it be disabled?
Dear all, Does anyone know exactly where the relay is which turns off the daytime running lights (DRL's) when the handbrake is applied. I live in San Francisco which is, as you probably know, pretty...
2
2

lost fuel efficiency
My 1988 GL 1.8 SPFI has typically been getting about 32-36 mi/gal. During the latter half of this year I have had to do a lot of maintainence and repair on the car and now I'm getting around 27-28...
5
5

Strange overheating issues '95 Legacy sedan
Friday night my check engine light came on, but I experienced no change in the feel of the car, performance, or engine noises. The car operated without change for several hours until I was driving...
3
3

impreza rv 02 front cut?
Hello all, looking for an impreza RV '02 hatch front cut complete in syd or australia. Thanks.