Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

subaru outback 2002. 2.5L question
Hello, I need an engine (NOT turbo) for Subaru Outback 5M/T 4WD 2457 cm3, year 2002, chasiss number starting with JF1BH9LJB26057000 and engine Number B576107. I need only the engine (the head and that...
1
1

Subaru Air Control Valve
I am trying to find where the Air Control Value is located on a 1991 Legacy. I have not been able to find a picture or an explaination where the Air Control valve is located so I can troubleshoot the...
1
1

remove Forester front rotors
Do I need to remove the nut on the end of the axle to get the front brake rotors off my 2001 Forester S model? I can't get the rotors to budge and they sure feel warped at 85000 miles. I did smack a...
5
5

[SOLVED] How many O2 sensors in
Two O2 sensors. One if front of the cat and this one sets the fuel air mixture. The second O2 sensor is back of the cat and basically checks that the front O2 sensor and other ending management stuff...
2
2

front brake discs
I run a Forester thats only done 20,000 miles in three years. I was told by the service garage at 14000 that the front disc,s might need skimming at next service(now). This seems to me a bit much...
5
5

McPherson strut bearing failure
Noticed a slight vibration sound when turning the wheel to the left moving slowly (fwd or reverse). Took to local Subaru dealer who diagnosed as strut bearing failure. After replacing it, I could feel...
4
4

OEM Subaru parts catalogs for sale
I have the following OEM Subaru parts catalogs for sale on microfiche. I also have the OEM Subaru CD ROM that covers 1985 to 2004 models. Drop me a line with any interest on either. Thanks, Joe SUBARU...

Winter idling?
The temperatures are falling around here. They're below zero Celsius most evenings now. My car (2000 OBW) is in a heated garage, yet it still seems to want to idle at high revs these days. It now...
6
6

Floor and Cargo MAts for Forester
Just got a new for me (used) Forester. It's going to be mainly a fishing/camping vehicle. It has light tan carpet and cargo bed that isn't going to take the wet, muddy boots/waders etc that are going...
7
7

wind noise 03 Forester
Any hints on reducing wind noise on 03 Forester. Seems like its from the window gussets.... Thanks
2
2

Clutch replacement interval and cost on Legacy GT/Spec.B
I'm looking into buying either a Legacy GT Sedan or a Spec.B, but, was thrown by a test review I read that had the clutch being replaced at 32 K Miles, for a cost of $1639. Is this normal? This sounds...
4
4

Should I buy it? 1998 Legacy L w/ possible piston slap
Thinking of buying a 1998 Legacy L Wagon with 158k and great body. The only issue is that it has an engine tick for about 5 minutes when cold starting. The mechanic at the dealer says he thinks it's...
2
2

Options for tougher tire for 92 Legacy Wagon
I have a 92 Legacy Wagon. I live on a rather rough gravel road and I've had a problem with my tires wearing out. I'd like a to 1) get the most durable tire possible 2) If I get a little better ground...
3
3

impreza tyre rating.
Hi all, what do most impreza turbo drivers run their tyres on? ie. v or w rating? (205/50/16) I understand the rating thing but what is the problem with running v rated? and what sort of speeds do...
3
3

engine hesitation
I have a 1988 GL 1.8 SPFI 4WD wagon. In August I noticed that when the engine started up cold sometimes it would die or if I shifted it into neutral and let the clutch out that would be enough...
6
6