Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Noise in back cardan when climbing very steep.
My car is a Forester 2.0X automatic. Has someone had this experience? When you have to overcome a very steep hillclimb, just before the automatic gearbox shifts to a lower gear, there is a rattling...

Subaru reliability?????
I just read an article here: reliability of various makes which distresses me greatly,as I had planned on buying an Impreza TS when I relocate to Minnesota.I'm cutting and pasting a small part:...
8
8

Glove box light for Forester etc.
The glove boxes were _meant_ to have a light in them, but for some unexplained reason, Subaru does not install them, or even list them as an option/accessory. However, the lamp and switch assembly...
6
6

By Forester to Cape York
About 9 months ago I asked whether anyone knew if it was possible to get to the top of Cape York (northernmost point of the Australian mainland) by Forester. No-one knew, but a couple of people...
7
7

Perma-Plate?
I am about purchase a 2001 Outback in Ottawa, and would like to know if anybody has had the Perma-Plate protection offered by the dealer applied to their vehicles? Is the cost of the product worth it...
1
1

tire wear and all wheel drive
Hi all Just had to get tire repaired due to nail in same('02 Forester S). Tire guy expressed some concern about my swapping spare for the repaired tire because of difference in tread depth/wear...
29
29

Forester remote locking
Hi all, when i remote lock/unlock my 2000 forester GT my indicators don't flash. is there a way to turn this feature on? thanks in advance Leroy
4
4

Subaru Rentals
Can anyone direct me to a car rental agency that will rent me a Subaru Outback for a week? I've called everyone local (Houston, TX at least the major names) and nothing. Does anyone have any leads for...
7
7

Dim Headlight
Greetings all. I have a 1997 Outback. The other night I noticed that the right headlight was very dim... barely glowing at all. I replaced the bulb, but the new bulb is just as dim as the old one. Any...
9
9

On Line Service Manual Downloads?
I am thinking about paying the $20.00 for the 3 day access to the online Subaru Service Manual Downloads, and was wondering if anyone had already done so. How big are the downloaded pdf files? How...
6
6

Any experiences (good or bad) with ecutek ecu mods?
I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experiences, good or bad, with ecutek ecu mods. I'm thinking about getting a type 1.5 mod done to my turbo forester, but thought i may ask here first....

WRX window tinting - Columbus, Ohio
Anyone know a good place to get windows tinted in Columbus, Ohio. I have a rally blue 2003 WRX. I'm not sure of state limits but want all windows done and possibly the top area of the windshield. Any...
14
14

Rocky Mountain edition
Hi all, My wife and I are having trouble deciding between Outback and Forester. Any suggestion? What are the main differences between these two? We are looking for one from 2001-2004. We looked at a...
2
2

How to remove glove box in 2010 Forester to get at cabin air filter
I know the cabin air filter is bad in my 2010 Forester. While the car was in for warranty work, the dealer took the glove box out and showed me some of the dirt. But they wanted $119 to replace the...
9
9

91 Octane: hard to find in US?
My Forester XT wants 91 octane, which is not difficult here in Canada where most stations sell 87, 89, and 91. Sunoco's the exception I know of with something weird for its four grades. I was in the...
59
59

2003 Forester engine ping
I have a ?03 Subaru Forester that started pinging at about 5,000 miles. I mentioned it to the dealer when it was in for oil change and the dealer said that they didn?t notice it. I switched brands of...
12
12

Outback Oil Drain Plug Washer & Torque
Have a 2003 3.0 Outback. Noticed that the replaceable Oil Drain Plug crush washer has a flat side and a rounded side. Which side goes up against the Oil Pan??? How tight should I do the Oil Drain...
2
2

Impreza Wagon Trailer Wiring
I would like to install a hitch on my 2007 Impreza Sport Wagon (2.5i). The wiring instructions say to remove 2 floor panels in the rear cargo area and the plastic panel in the area of the rear latch....
10
10

Ice and snow collecting in wheel wells
I have a '07 Outback. For a car that is supposed to go everywhere through everything, I've never had a car collect so much ice and snow in the wheel wells. Even my old Subie wasn't this bad. Any...
8
8

Subwoofer in 2007 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan
I just bought the car, and, because it has a navigation system, was told that it can't have a subwoofer because the navigation DVD player is under the driver's seat, where the subwoofer would normally...
9
9