Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New Legacy Limited
I got my 2016 Legacy three days ago. I couldn't stop smiling on the 30-mile drive home. But with all its electronics, touch screen, Eyesight, everything... I'm overwhelmed! I'm almost afraid to drive...
5
5

Cooling system pressure test adapter
We have a 2006 WRX in the family. As part of winterizing I'd like to pressure test the cooling system. I already have Stant 12270. Can anyone give a part no. for compatible adapter? Stant 12027 is...
1
1

when i was installing the cam belt on my 94 subaru legacy, i stripped the thread
when i was installing the cam belt on my 94 legacy, istripped the threads on the belt tightener pulley. How do i fix the threads on that pulley bolt?
2
2

Tire Pressure Monitors (TPM) Question (2015 Outback)
Hello, Replaced the tires on my 2015 Outback. Not too much confidence in the tire shop kids who did it. Is there any way via some dashboard warning light, or icon, to tell if the TPM has been...
2
2

is a dodge 2.4 engine a non-interference
i had my timming belt break at 80,000 miles on the freeway without engine damage, i was wondering if a 2005 dodge 2.4 is a no-interference engine.
2
2

rattling noise at low RPM
I hear a metallic rattling noise at low RPM's, on my Tribeca (3.6L H6). Only happens at low speed and low RPM, and it goes away after getting upto speed. I am thinking that this is the heat shield...
15
15

Outback interior colors
Subaru's website describes the color options on cloth interiors for the Outback as "Black" and "Ivory." Yet every Subaru dealer website I've looked at (they all seem to use the same platform) calls...
10
10

Had a chance to try a Bimmer
Okay, so I had to put my Tribeca into the bodyshop after somebody scraped it up in a parking lot hit'n'run! So the insurance covers a rental car during this time, and they rented me a BMW X1. Got a...
46
46

Are new turbo engines less peaky?
I have a 2002 wrx with 2.0 turbo. The engine has very low torque at low RPM and then became quite strong beyond 2500 rpm. I don't like this. For my next car I'm looking for a car with flatter torque...
10
10

2010 forester roof rack fixed point cover door assy removal
I'm hoping to cook up a custom crossbar mounting system. I started gently prying on the ends of one of the little cover door assemblies to get it out of the way, but it looked like that would just mar...

Typical markup on parts
I wonder what kind of markups repair shops use on parts they provide. Is there some industry standard for that or is it -- basically -- what the shop thinks the customer can afford?
4
4

Anyone else having problems with Duracell batteries? (2024 Update)
From some of my devices, I am taking out Duracell batteries that I had installed back in 2003 and 2004 with no problems; yes, they used to be that good. I normally mark dates on the batteries with a...
38
38

2013 Subaru Outback and Legacy announced
to Show, the 2013 Outback and Legacy models have been announced by Subaru. = Both cars have been moderately updated, featuring a revised grille, new hea= dlights and a new design for the front bumper....
21
21

03 H6 Outback noise power steering
I mentioned in another thread that I was chasing an intermittent noise (they always only make noise for the wife don't they?) in my wife's Outback. The problem got bad enough that I became certain it...
2
2

Evap Emissions fault
The OBD in my 04 Forester tells me I have a small leak in the fuel evap system. Any Idea what could be causing this? I've erased the fault 3 times now, but it comes back after about 80 km or so. I...
5
5

2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited, What I drove last night:
I've always seen the Legacy as the car that Impreza owners eventually graduate to when they need more space but want to maintain respectable performance chops. For people with WRXs or STIs, they have...
1
1

clutch noise
Well, my brand new clutch is making noise. Recap: Clutch failed at 210k kms and was replaced. 2003 OBS. A few days after I got the car back, I noticed a bearing type of noise coming from the clutch....
16
16

Idle surging -
My friend came to me with his car (2001 Outback 2.5 auto) having the following problem: When cold, the car idles normally for about 5 minutes. After this "warm up", the idle starts surging... instead...
1
1

FWD Fuse...?
I've heard a few people talking about a FWD fuse holder on Subarus. While looking over my '97 Legacy, I noticed a fuse holder near the firewall on the passenger's side of the car. I am guessing this...
5
5

"hoot" sound from engine compartment-- a/c ?
Got a weird one here. I'm hearing an intermittent "hoot" sound that is higher in pitch than an owl would make. Probably in the ballpark in frequency of the tone that's played with color bars on a TV...
6
6