Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2006 baja, remote start
I try to start it remotely and it fires once but does not start, then it will not try a second time, is there anyway to change that setting, it is a factory remote start __________ Information from...
3
3

Re: '93 Impreza - CEL 33 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)
Just reread the OP and see you where off the road when this failed. Now thinking you probably did rip the rear VSS wire off. Look on the right side of the tailshaft for it.
3
3

trunk opens in cold weather
Odd problem with my 08 Impreza. Got it in the fall. The trunk has opened three times over the past two weeks overnight during cold weather. Nothing was taken or even touched, and the car was not...
1
1

Wheel falls off stalling 1998 Subaru Outback
First of all, thanks SO much for all the thoughtful ideas and suggestions on my original posted issue. I am game to try any mechanical work myself (grew up helping dad hook mufflers up with coat...
7
7

Shudder at very low speed during sharp turning
My 2000 OBW w/ 5MT has recently developed a slight shudder during sharp cornering at low speeds. I'm talking about parking maneuver type situations. It seems to occur whether I'm turning left or...
33
33

P0440 Code
I have a 1999 Subaru Outback Legacy. I started to see the CEL light come on about 4 weeks back. I took it to autozone and they scanned it as P0440. I made sure my gas cap was tight and reset the...
3
3

Cool wiper blades
I just 'upgraded' my 06 WRX Sportwagon with the addition of 08-09-style STI wiper blades. They are very 'aero' looking. One side is a little longer and the other a little shorter but there is no...

Fuel pump replacement after-effects
My old 0BW is starting to get expensive in its old age. In the last three weeks it's had three separate major part replacements. First week, I had a $1300 dinger for a new throttle body and sensor....
8
8

Crankshaft Sensor Out-of-range Error
My ?97 Legacy Outback won?t start. OBDII code says Crankshaft Sensor Out-of-Range error. Sensor wiring and resistance seen from computer are in spec (2K ohms). Suggestions? This happened after...
3
3

brake fluid
Hello. Is it hard to replace the brake fluid? Can I drain the system from a bleeder valve at one of the four corners, and simply refill it under the hood? I'm replacing the drums and rotors anyway,...
8
8

1999 Forester lights blinking
I went off and left the ignition of the Forester on, and when I returned the battery was dead (it's the original battery in a car that was new in the fall of 1998). I put the battery on the trickle...
5
5

using K&N air filter and Check Engine Light?
hi fellow soobies :) I recently switched to using a K&N air filter in our 2005 Forester ... a few weeks later Check Engine Light came on (solid not flashing) ... is this a coincidence or can the high...
8
8

'04 Forester - problems with engine flooding?
My 2004 Forester has recently begun having what looks to be engine flooding problems. Three times in less than a month, I have gone to start the car - the engine cranks, so it's not a battery issue,...
5
5

2008 Outback: Sport Shift or Manual?
I am looking into buying a 2008 Subaru Outback and am wavering between a manual transmission or the Sportshift transmission. I have been a Loyale owner for 14 years and like the feel and control of...
10
10

Notchy trans breaking in?
07' 5M Impreza trans Seems to be shifting better. The main problem was the 1st to 2nd shift. Getting out of 1st was hard, and the revs would drop, by then engaging 2nd would have a lurch is the best...
7
7

Knock in 92 Loyale engine
My daughter's 1992 Loyale with about 70,000 miles has always had an occasional engine knock. It sounds like lifters knocking and is not consistent. It is more prone to do it when cold but can do it...
8
8

Ethanol in fuel?
Downunder, Subaru EJ22s are run on "standard" 91 octane unleaded fuel. I understand that in Japan the octane rating on which they run is as little higher though I don't know whether there is any...
15
15

Blown head gasket - stick thermostat open?
My 97 Legacy GT 2.5 wagon has all the symptoms of a leaking head gasket listed in this article: "Common symptoms: Overheating, often when slowing or stopped after extended high load driving. The...
3
3

Anyone use Etop for Brakes?
It's time for a brake job and I was thinking it would be nice to have some cross drilled rotors. Has anyone had any experience with SR Performance rotors (cross drilled) and PBR Metal Master Pads...
4
4

Req: Need Help Determining front differential ratios.
Hi. I have a 1992 Legacy 2.2L with Turbo AWD. I have read that the differential ratio is different for the turbo than the non-turbo. And, of course, both front differential and rear differential must...
1
1