Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2.5L Engine and Gasket Problems
I just launched a website dedicated togathering and presenting information on head gasket and coolant leaksin the 1999 - 2002 Subaru's. Did it happen to you? please share yourstory with us. Thanks in...
27
27

Good/bad years for Subaru
My wife is looking for a Subaru wagon in 4-wheel drive to replace her tiring '84 (301K miles) GL wagon. Is there any particular year(s) to avoid? She wants 4-wheel drive not all-wheel drive. Target...
18
18

Any WRX/STI owners having wheel bearing problems?
Just a quick straw poll on whether the bearings (mostly _rear_?) have been having seemingly premature wear problems, if it was a common problem or Urban Myth, did it affect 'normal' models as...
6
6

90 legacy transmission problem?
My 90 legacy has FWD auto transmission. Two weeks ago, after stopping, the car started not to change to higher gear as far as before.even gas pedal was pressed down. Yesterday, it just did not change...

Ugly rear wing on WRX
Test drove a 2004 WRX last night. I was impressed with the cars performance, but its looks really put me off. Is there a way to replace the rear wing with something less boy-racer? I found aftermarket...
59
59

brakes sticking on 93 impreza
The brakes are sticking on my 93 impreza. The problem is intermittent: every once in a while stopped at a stop sign or a light, I will attempt to go and the brakes will stick and prevent the car from...
5
5

Transmission fluid for 97 Legacy
How much transmission fluid does a '97 Legacy 2.2L take? The manual says 8.4 quarts but I just put in 3 quarts and it looks full already. The dipstick is very hard to read since the residue from the...
9
9

1998 Forester - poor acceleration....+ squeeling noise... Help!!
Hi all, I remember recently seeing a thread here about a 1998 forester which was having acceleration issues between 1st and 2nd gear. I too am experiencing this problem, but I can not find the recent...

Using 5w20 Oil
Subaru normally recommends using 5w30 oil. See any objections in trying 5w20...for possibly better fuel milage? TIA...bgin
47
47

Mr Clean AutoDry and "regular" carwash detergent
OK- I've been using my new Mr Clean AutoDry car washing system for the past few weeks. I noticed a comment in another NG that it might be possible to use a conventional carwash detergent (rather than...
11
11

Problem shifting from second to first gear
Please help! I have Subaru Forester 2003, recently I've noticed that I can not downshift from 2nd gear to 1st when driving with speed between 12mph(18km/h) - 1mph (1.6km/h). Actually I have to stop...
9
9

'99' Legacy sed. front differential dipstick O-Ring (defective)
I have a 1999 Legacy L Sedan 2.2 which apparently has a defective O-Ring on the differential dipstick which is causing differential oil to seep upwards and into the engine compartment (which then...
3
3

MY02 WRX ABS Problems
My MY02 REX has ABS activation problems and low speed when the break is not being applied heavily (just covered, just enough for the rear break lights to activate) , mostly while turning and mainly on...
25
25

Subaru Overheating Problem
Hi, Sorry to repost but thought that I should mention in the title that the car is a Subaru. I have a 1999 Subaru Outback with ~81000 miles. On a recent trip the engine temperature started to...
13
13

Need advice - speedometer doesn't work
Anyone have any experience with a speedometer, odometer and trip meter not working on a Subaru Legacy (1990). Gas guage also doesn't work, but this has been a problem for a long time. The speedometer...
2
2

2004 Impreza TS Wagon starting problems
I have had my car for 3 days and already it is in the shop, and I suspect they won't find a thing wrong with it. So, tell me if I am doing something wrong. I went shopping after having driven the car...
1
1

Which 2.5l motor in which Outback / Forester???
I am thouroughly confused about the history and versions of the 2.5L engine in the Legacy Outbacks and Foresters. I am located in Canada if that makes a difference. From what I have read: 1. There was...
3
3

04 Forester XT Keyless Entry Remote
Just bought a '04 XT. My first Subaru and first Japanese car. Love everything about the car except for the darn keyless entry remote. It only works when I'm only a foot away or standing directly in...
1
1

Legacy Sedan 03 Sunroof Howling Noise.
My 03 Subaru Legacy Sedan is making a whistling noise with the sunroof closed. It almost sounds like the old tea pot whistling once the water boils. At worst, its present at 30mph, and sometimes...

Subaru Protection Plan
Hi, My 01 Forester S 3 year warranty will be expired in 3 months. Should I purchase the Subaru Extended Warranty to 6 years/10K km ? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks. Joe.
1
1