Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Outback RPM at 70mph
Dear Fellow Subaru Enthusiest Hi, Recently I purchased a 2004 Subaru outback and it seems the crusing RPM is high in comparison to other cars I have owned. My car's RPM at 70mph in 5th gear is around...
7
7

Forrester 2007 Seats
I purchased a Forrester in the recent run of discounts. Is anyone else finding the leather seats uncomfortable?
5
5

Forester - Ease of Access for Elderly
Hi, I currently have a 95 Taurus and am looking to move to a new Forester.... How easy is it for elderly person to get in and out of a Forester? With it's 8 inch plus height from the street, is it...
7
7

Re: Converting Legacy AC from R12 to R134
Thanks for good info on the certification process. First, got a 1992 "anything"?, then the AC system is going to leak a little. That's life. So, what should you do about it? Well, I wouldn't spend a...
2
2

Turbo timer for Subaru Forester GT2002 ?
Hi there a fellow owning a brand new ute with Turbo engine hasd a timer put on it. When i asked why, he told me ALL Turbo Engines, old or new, should have a timer to avoid turbo damage, something to...
9
9

Half Shaft Noise
Have a '93 Impreza LS Front wheel drive only, 104K miles. When it's cold and I make a power on right turn there's a clunk clunk clunk noise. It goes away if I back off the throttle and is gone or much...
1
1

P0115 interpretation on a '95 Legacy
OBD II code P0115 means Engine Coolant Temperature Ciruit Malfunction. I need to know if anyone can interpret this for me, especially for a '95 Legacy 2.2L. What are some possible problems that would...
3
3

Help with '05 Outback error code 'ER55'
I've got a new problem that happened for the first time today. This is a 2005 Outback 2.5i with about 36,000 miles. Everything was fine yesterday. We had heavy snow/sleet overnight. Went to start this...

Beware of data CDs on ebay
Beware of auto data cds on ebay This user was suspended "prologiss" there are others, keep an eye out. Incomplete data is an understatement.I would post this on all auto news groups, if it would be...
7
7

4WD noise from front end ,2000 Subaru outback wagon
hi: i got super snow tires on all four wheels....and now on bare pavement I get vibration from front end when turning corners at slow speeds. ....would this be because of the sticky tires? or do I...
14
14

2001 Forester A/C light bulb replacement
Does anyone know how to change the A/C light bulb in an '01 Forester? I had the center stack torn apart, but I could not figure out how to remove the complete A/C assembly from the climate control. I...

Transmission temperature sensor
Hey all- I recently posted a question about my 93 Impreza not shifting into (what I thought was) overdrive (and was corrected - really the torque converter lockup kicking in), and got a lot of helpful...
4
4

burning smell?
2000 Legacy GT wagon - 5speed Hey, I have never had a subaru before, and it just recently snowed alot here, and so I have been driving around, and the AWD works great. However, I just noticed the...
7
7

AT Oil Temp light flashes 16 times upon start-up
Had a tune up last week for my 1998 Outback Impreza. Now, AT Oil Temp light flashes 16 times after the initial light test upon start-up. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
4
4

gas fumes in cabin in cold weather
I have a 2000 Outback with automatic transmission. The car runs great and the engine light never comes on. Sometimes, in the winter, I will start the car and gas fumes will fill the cabin when the...
11
11

Passenger door ajar light in dash won't go out
Anyone know how to simply disconnect what is keeping the light on continually indicating the passaenger door is open? 1991 Legacy
2
2

Seatbelt chime disabled
Just wanted to report back to the group that the hack to disable the seatbelt chime works. For those who may have missed it, here it is: 1. Sitting in driver's seat with door closed, turn ignition key...
3
3

1999 Forester Front Wiper Problem
My 1999 Subaru Forester makes a loud slapping noise when the front windshield wipers are on. Also, the wipers don't always park in the same location. Sometimes are they are up a couple inches more...
4
4

Forester clicking sounds when making turns
I have 99 Forester. Recently it has clicking sounds when I just start and make turns out of parking lot. After the car warms up, there is no such sound. The sounds come from the rear. Does anyone know...
8
8

'96 Outback kill switch...?
Hi all, I bought a '96 Subaru (Legacy) Outback a couple of years ago.  It has some sort of aftermarket kill switch/security system installed and won't start unless you flash high beams while turning...
4
4