Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hesitation--a problem with ALL 6 cylinder engines?
I dropped off my 2006 Outback VDC 3.0, that's been experiencing severe hesitation problems when trying to accelerate, at the dealers, so that the Regional Rep can look at it. They are also going to...
10
10

Win a Subaru WRX STI
This is from Valvoline. Enter for a chance to win a 2006 Valvoline Subaru WRX STI, customized by RJ de Vera or one of four sets of RO_JA rims, or one of ten HPI Racing Sprint 2 RTR Electric R/C car...
1
1

Help- Power steering fluid mixed with gas
Yeah, I know that sounds really dumb. But I somehow managed to do that. Poured half a bottle(~8oz) of power steering fluid in the fuel tank (10 gallons) of my 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. Is...
7
7

Fault Code 66
Hello. I have a 96 Legacy GT (twin turbo)with a OCD1 & the check engine light is on. I have retreived a fault code of 66 but cant find 66 on any list. Any ideas please!! Thanks

1992 Loyale Automatic Transmission PROBLEM
I have a 1992 Loyale that is MINT condition. It has 21000 original miles. The other day it stopped changing gears. It is an automatic and stays in 1st gear when I put it in Drive. It will not shift...
1
1

1998 manual Subaru Legacy GT stalls at stops and in neutral, and then runs terribly
Hi, Here's the story. I bought a 98 Legacy with only 40K miles, but with the "check engine light" on, from a dealer in New Jersey, got on the turnpike, and it stalled at the first tollbooth. It...
7
7

Re: DIY Oil change in a 2002 Subaru Forester?
Hi DJ! Basically, just do it. It helps to be able to get under the car. 17mm socket fits the drain plug, and I use a large pair of Channel-loc pliers to get the filter. 4 bolts hold the splash guard...
2
2

Automatic transmission problem?
Hello all. I have a 1992 Subaru Legacy Station Wagon and it's been working pretty well up 'till now. It starts just fine and when I shift into drive the car runs fine. But when I go up a hill, the...
2
2

Excessive lifter noise
I have a 1994 Subaru Legacy with the 2.2L engine that, has excessive lifter ticking on the passenger side. It seemed to occur after an oil change at the local tire store. Has anyone been through this?...
4
4

Satellite Radio and 2005 Subaru Forester XT USA
Re: USA 2005 Subaru Forester XT Anyone have any experience with installing Satellite Radio *XM or Sirius* in the XT with the factory installed 6 disc CD changer model? Is there an AUX input ? If not,...

STEERING WHEEL SHAKING?
My 2003 subaru legacy wagon (50k) is having this problem with a shaking steering wheel and a little pulling to the right side. About 2 months ago I got really nice new Goodyear tires and new brakes...
3
3

1999 Forester Turn signal & Hazard problem
My 1999 Forester's turn signals and hazard lights fail to work about 90% of the time. There are times when I engage one of the switches (R turn, L turn, or Hazard) and just leave it on, and after a...
4
4

98 Forester - P0740
We had our local dealer replace the transmission in our 1998 Forester with a used one with 60,000 miles. The dealership apparently test drove the Sub with no problems. We we picked up the vehicle we...
4
4

Forester Driver Seat Uncomfortable
I've had my new Forester X Premium less than a week. One of the things I now notice that I didn't notice on the test drive is that the drivers seat back is sometimes a bit uncomfortable. It seems to...
11
11

'05 Forester Code P0131
In damp/rainy weather my car had difficulty starting and ended up with the check engine light on/cruise automatically disabled. Subaru rec replacing the A/F & O2 sensor relay. But dealer later said...
2
2

2005 Subaru Legacy Vibrating
At various, sometimes-unpredictable times, my 2005 subaru legacy 2.5i vibrates and sounds like a motorcycle or low flying plane. I have taken it to two dealers who have aligned it and balanced it but...
8
8

WARNING - Subaru doesn't honor warranties
SUBARU DOESN'T HONOR THE WARRANTY ----------------------------------------------------- Even though my 2002 Impreza WRX was still under warranty. Lee's Hyundai Subaru denied my warranty on a...
20
20

Quiet Crossbars for Subaru Legacy Wagon
Hi, Does anyone know of any crossbars for a Legacy wagon that won't howl/whistle when driving at speed? Regards, Han.
11
11

Replacing instrument light/01 Legacy GT wagon
This is tiny thing, but kind of annoying. The light illuminating the radio station selection burned out in the factory-supplied OEM radio/tape deck of my 2001 Legacy GT wagon. Anybody know how to...
4
4

Please help! Headlights turn off when High beams are activated
For a '95 Subaru Legacy 2.2L SOHC If anyone has a wiring schematic it would be a big help to me. I get no voltage in the high beam wire (measured at the headlight) and the impedence in the ground wire...
9
9