Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

`95 Legacy Shifter light is out
Hello all, My mom just reported to me earlier today that she noticed the lightbulb that illuminates the automatic gearshift in her `95 Legacy is out. While this isn't a critical issue she would like...

hill holder question
I bought my first Subaru last January. Now that the weather is warmer I notice the hill holder seems to engage more often or with a tighter grip. Is this due to the warm weather or does my car need an...
15
15

Best Windshield Wiper Blades?
I replaced the wiper blades on my 2004 Outback Wagon with new blades that squeak and jump across the windshield. I replaced those, same problem. Any recommendations for quality blades that won't jump...
14
14

Hesitation on 2006 Outback 3.0 VDC wagon
I've noticed a lot of times when I'm getting quite a bit of hesitation in pressing on the accelerator. This happens especially when I slow to take a corner, then push on the gas once past. Sometimes,...
9
9

Pilkington Glass windshield replacement?
Found a crack on Sunday that I traced to a rock hitting my windshield on Friday. Didn't notice anything when the impact (likely kicked up by a Hummer H2). I asked about OEM (Nippon Glass?), but my...
5
5

Transmission problem with 2002 3.0 Outback H6
I have to admit that I know very little about cars, but would like someone to help me with this one. I have a 2002 Outback 3.0H6 that I bought 8 months ago, and the transmission died and had to...
13
13

Strong gasoline smell when starting in cold
I have a 2000 Outback (2.5L, auto) with about 80,000 miles. It has been a great car with virtually no problems. Recently when starting in the morning in cold weather, there is a strong smell of...
19
19

grinding noise coming from front of forester.
hello. i'm curious about these wheel bearings problems people have been having. is there a sound associated with it? i have a 2004 forester x, and everytime i do a slow turn of the wheel, say, like...
16
16

Slow-speed tight turn wobble
Hello, I hope someone can shed some light on this. I have a 1999 Forester-L, 5-speed, 97,000 miles. When I make a tight turn (that is the wheel all the way over) the whole front end wobbles and seems...
7
7

Chewed wires + help identifying a part
2004 WRX. I opened the hood to check the fluid levels and found leaves and pine needles resting on a part. Then I noticed a completely severed wire. A later inspection yielded a chewed cover over some...
5
5

Check engine light and stalling
We have a very elusive problem. I hope one of you has had the same and can give me some clues. The CEL light comes on, and the engine misfires until restarted. The code is P1507, which says Idle Air...
11
11

10yr/250,000mi warranty??
I saw the local Mazda/Subaru Dealership offering a 10 Year / 250,000 mile warranty with the sale of a new Subaru or Mazda. Unfortunately I swung through the lot after closing hours but all the new...
2
2

Check Engine light after clutch replacement
I've got a question about a friends' subaru. It's a 1995 or 96 (he doesn't know) Legacy wagon (2.2L). He just took the car in for a new clutch and when he got it back the check engine light was on. He...
2
2

saab 9-2x and impreza are identical?!
apart from the exterior and different suspension, what else are different between the 2 cars? (9-2x linear & subaru impreza 2.5i wagon) the same driving tranny and differentials? btw, correct me if I...
2
2

door locks stopped working
I have a 1996 Outback, and the door locks stopped working...I checked the fuse and it was alright. Put in new battery in remote and still no luck....I can hear a clicking sound and the lights flash...
4
4

Best RPM for most efficient fuel consumption.
I own a 2003 5 speed manual outback. I usually run my tacho at 3200 to 3500 RPM. Is this in fact the most efficient rpm for the engine? I know that typically once you go over 110 kph fuel efficiency...
60
60

bolt on alternator upgrade impreza wrx
Is there such thing as a bolt-on alternator for an 02 Impreza WRX? I'm wonder if this is something i can do or if its not really a DIY project. thanks,
15
15

how to change a fuel filter in an impreza wrx
I just bought a fuel filter and i want to change it in my '02 subaru Impreza WRX. I unclipped the hoses, but is there any tool or method to remove the hoses from the filter? Also, do i have to relieve...
2
2

Trailer hitch on WRX... good or bad?
Hello all, I've put a trailer hitch on my 2004 WRX wagon, though I know that the dealership does not recommend it. I've heard this is due to the turbo, but I am unsure why this is the case. If I haul...
12
12

1997 Subaru Legacy GT-check engine light
How do I clear, reset or get rid of a blinking check engine light?
1
1