Best Rated threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WRX and blow off valves
Can someone PLEASE explain this. Why are these people, yes the ones that go tearing by you, shift gears and make the "whoosh" noise, followed by a backfire, doing this to their cars? Do they not...
14
14

How to increase gas octane
I know there are lots of gas additives that raise octane, but they're all really expensive for everyday use. Anybody know what chemical and in what amount is needed to raise octane from 93 R+M to,...
13
13

Forester pulling to right - alignment and tires good!?
Hi, My brand new forester saga continues - The car is 3 mos old and has 4K miles, it has been pulling since day one. The dealer has acknowledged the problem. They corrected the alignment but the...
5
5

One-touch close moonroof?
Presently to close my moonroof I have to do two things that kind of annoy me: 1) I have to hold the button until the moonroof is completely closed 2) When closing it, the moonroof stops about half-way...
12
12

WRX front wheel bearing failure...common?
Just picked up my 2002 wrx from the dealer...AGAIN, this time the passenger side front wheel bearing went at 72k miles. The driver side went out 2 months ago at 65k. Ok, so I drive it alot. The dealer...
11
11

EJ22 oil leak
The oil leak that my '95 Outback (EJ22 engine, 167,000 miles) suffers from seems to be getting worse. I'm not adding a quart every week, but I'm adding a quart every 1000 miles instead of just before...
7
7

Roland EM20 Electronic Keyboard for Sale
Roland EM20 Creative Keyboard Musical Instrument with stand for sale. Purchased new two years ago. In excellent condition, very little use. $175. Contact Len at or call (607) 257-5887
9
9

Wheel goes "wop wop wop wop"..
Now that it is summer time and we're driving around with the windows open, especially the passenger side, I notice that the rear passenger side wheels makes "a lot" of road noise - actually I don't...
4
4

'02 WRX - RPM limiter
Is there some sort of RPM limiter on '02 WRX? What I noticed last weekend while driving was sudden drop in RPMs after shifting from 4th to 3rd and hitting roughly 7500 RPM. I could even call it an...
5
5

Where can I get a good price on a Subaru Extended warranty?
I just signed the papers for a 2004 Subaru Forester. Of course they wanted me to buy an extended warranty and I plan to, since I will probably keep the car well past the warranty period. I will be...
6
6

brumby gearshift
Hello all, i have just purchased a 1982 brumby ute. It appears to be in fairly good order given its age. The first job is to fix the gearshift linkages, it changes ok, but is a bit like stirring thick...
1
1

Duty solenoid C / Clutchpack
AT transmission problems... Can anyone say if the Duty solenoid C and the "clutchpack" are part of one assembly? From what I can determine, the duty solenoid is a regular problem with older Subarus,...
1
1

Why does my Loyale run poorly on 93 octane?
Hey folks, This one sure has me scratching my head. Every now and then I've decided to try running my 91 Loyale wagon (Fuel injected, SPFI, EA82) on 93 octane gas as opposed to the 87, and there's a...
10
10

Fuel Atomizer 2000 on Subaru?
Has anyone experience with "Fuel Atomizer 2000"? Does it really work? Comparing to another "fuel savers" (i.e. magnets on gas lines), it seems to be more reasonable - it viporizes some gas, mixes it...
14
14

96 Impreza brake light switch
I have a 96 Impreza where the top brake light stays on whenever the car is on. I was told that it is a problem with the brake light switch. Just wondering if anyone knew if this was an easy problem to...

Always On 12v Power (Cig Lighter) - Can/Should I hot wire it?
I have a 2003 Outback Ltd, I have a few things that I would like to have plugged into the 12v Power outlet even though the Car is off. Cell Phone while I'm eating, or Flashlight, etc.. I was going to...
5
5

towing with a WRX?
I have a '02 WRX wagon (MT) and am contemplating a June move from Massachusetts to Arizona which is ~2700 miles. I'm not going to move a lot of heavy stuff this time, but I do have a couple of bulky...
10
10

Best speakers for '04 Forester
I just bought an new Forester (getting rid of an Explorer). The standard speakers seem a bit... mediocre. What speakers sound best in this vehicle? Can 6.5" be installed in the front/back? Is the...
1
1

2002MY Auto Trans Workshop Manual (UK Spec)
Does anyone have a copy of the 2002 model year (UK Spec) Automatic Transmission workshop manual they could upload for me. I have the 2002MY full service manual G1840GE, but it does not cover repairs...
1
1

Grinding/Rubbing noise on acceleration
Hi, My Legacy '95 5spd. 145K miles developed a grinding/rubbing noise that could be heard on acceleration. When coasting in gear I can't really hear it. In 2nd and 3rd, when accelerating, the noise is...
4
4