Re: Full size Subaru

However I think the numbers I found for the Chev were

> likely today's numbers. They seem a bit low to the numbers > I remember people tossing around at the time.

Back in the day I drove small block V8s with little power, lots of power, and in between (nothing like a Powerglide transmission, heavy car and weak motor!).

I remember it this way: the 327 around that era came in several performance flavors, maxing out in the high 300s for a fuel injected Vette, and going down to the mid

200s. So the 275 seemed reasonable to me. Higher makes sense too. I think 327 with 350hp was a common performance version.
AWD or 4WD also loses more than 2WD

Yup, although it hooks up better...

Reply to
David