Windshield sandblasted - anything I can do to help see?

Does anyone know of a good cleaner - maybe a little abrasive to clean a windshield that seems to be sand blasted? I only have 12K miles on my car but when the sun sets and I'm heading West it's near impossible to see out. I've tried every cleaner I could find in the local auto parts store to no avail. I thought maybe someone knew of something special to use. I would fear trying polish like I would on surface scratches in the paint. I don't live near the shore or anything so it must be stuff kicked up off trucks on my daily commute to work. I don't want to replace a windshield on a 1 year old car (2003 OBW). Maybe I need NASCAR tear offs. THANKS! Jim / NJ

Reply to
Jim

Rockin Ronnie

You might try

They are a dealer in auto restoration supplies, and sell glass polishing supplies.

Reply to
Ken Parker

A good sized rock will do...

Reply to
Tim

Don't laugh. It's true enough.

I had the same problem with mine (it happens when following a car too close in teh winter on roads that are sanded.)

I called my insurance agent, and he said no worries, we will simply replace it - no questions asked.

It seems that insurance companies (mine at least) conside replacement of windshields a 'routine' thing.

Cheers!

Reply to
Lord Drool Rockworm

Thanks to all that replied. Ken P's link looks like a winner. They sell a product for only 29 bucks that says it removes years of road debris, scratches etc all in one kit. Hopefully they mean sandblasted too.

If not - the rock isn't a bad idea either. But if this happens every year, I don't think insurance would like that. In NJ they drop you for less as they're trying to get out of the auto insurance business but the State won't let them.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Here in MA, you can do this once a year as long as you have comprehensive insurance.

Every time I call the insureance agent, they tell me I was hit by a rock on

95!
Reply to
John

Yes, it is very funny for them to tell me that. Once I punched out the window, and they said 'my what a nice rock impact'. Very funny

Reply to
Lord Drool Rockworm