2004 Xterra Will Not Communicate With Ca Smog Machine.......?

Went to have a smog test done today and the smog place told me that that th eir smog machine cannot communicate with my 2004 Nissan Xterra XE 2.4L 4 cy
l.....? Now the really odd thing is that the OBD2 scanners are able to anal yze see and and diagnose the OBD2 system......? This really bizarre and agg ravating grrr....!!!
Talked to the Nissan dealer and a mechanic they think it's the computer.
On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 6:22:51 PM UTC-8, Randall Shimizu wrote:

their smog machine cannot communicate with my 2004 Nissan Xterra XE 2.4L 4 cyl.....? Now the really odd thing is that the OBD2 scanners are able to an alyze see and and diagnose the OBD2 system......? This really bizarre and a ggravating grrr....!!!

Is this a state where the dealer can do the smog test, or only a state station can do it?
And do you have ANY idea what the error message from the analyzer was? It might just be a case of the computer having got inadvertently reset recently, and the analyzer refusing to accept such a short log... but you don't know until you see the messages. --scott