2006 Chev. 3/4 ton van 4.6 eng. air bag problem.

Last Fall I loaded my and my nine year old grandson's bicycle into my van and we drove to an old rail trail for an afternoon of trail riding. Before we left I used the key to turn off the passenger air bag. After I dropped him off I turned it back on. This is the first time I ever used the switch. A few days later I noticed a red air bag light on my dash board. Since that time I have tried to alternate leaving the switch off for a few days and then on for awhile but now I can't seem to get rid of the air bag light. I suppose that perhaps it could be a coincidence but it seems like everything was fine until I disturbed that switch. What could have happened and how do you troubleshoot an air bag indication problem? Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009