Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

It should be an interesting year
Well so much for the doom&gloom folks....
2
2

I think
I noticed my new old 1983 Dodge RV van has a catalytic converter thingy.Where I live, we can get away with almost anything.I am the second owner of that old van.Where can I buy a straight through...
3
3

One More Power-Steering related Question
Now that I'm driving a car with conventional power steering, I'd like to ask this: Are there any LEGAL and SAFE ways to modify any conventional hydraulic PS system to reduce the amount of assist it...
19
19

Hybrid cars no longer desired by US buyers.
Even if I wanted a Hybrid car, mainly I don't have the moola to buy 's why I like my old wrecks. cuhulin
45
45

OK to modify oxygen sensor?
I came across this oxygen sensor modification on Ebay. Is it ok to do this to an engine? If so, does anyone know if it's a gimmick, or if it's worth the trouble? ssories
13
13

Small engine rebuild help/question
I have an old cast iron techumseh engine I am trying to rebuild. (The rod broke). I am putting it back together. At the bottom of the stroke I can hear a sound and there seems to be some slight "play"...
7
7

98 Grand Marquis has Bent Frame, How much to Fix?
REcently posted here about my 98 Grand Marquis auto accident involving my daughter. We originallythought it was the upper cotrol arm but that isnot the problem. Turns out that the frame is actually...
27
27

Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor
1987 Dodge Dakota 3.9L carbed I recently posted on about the problems I was having with an MSD 5900 Blaster ignition and an MSD 8202 Baster 2 coil. It seems I could use one or the other with no...
52
52

Best tire or cable chains?
Anyone have advice for wire or cable chains for northeast Missouri and ice etc?
7
7

89 toyota 22re
My truck died on me and i am not sure y. When i drove it or when it was just running i could get it over 2000 rpm without it surging. And it would like shut off when i was driving for a brief moment....
2
2

Why is my car so sensitive to wheel balance?
I have a 99 Maxima SE with about 130k on it. Recently I noticed the front wheels vibrates slightly at 80+ mph speeds. On my local commute the vibration seems to come and go, and since my commute isn't...
9
9

99 Chrysler T&C wobble in front end
Hi everyone. I'm having trouble with my 99 Chrysler T&C 3.3L. I've replaced tires, wheel bearings, axle shafts but I still have a wobble on acceleration at any speed over 10mph. The wobble stops on...
7
7

Fuel stabilizers
How do fuel stabilizers work? They cannot change the boiling point of a compound, can they? Do they make new compounds with different boiling points/vapor pressures? Or do they put some sort of layer...
3
3

Steam cars
Were steam cars the only steam engines that were legal to operate without a boiler operators license? When and how did the steam car manufacturers get laws passed to exempt steam cars?
50
50

So who is at fault for this accident
My daughter was driving down the street and approached an itersection. There is no stop sign at this intersection and this is a blind intesection. She proceeded to take a left at the intersectin and...
30
30