Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

6.5 diesel won't crank
my friend has a 6.5 diesel that won't crank in this cold weather. He has it plugged in but it still won't crank. Does anyone know if doing this ford solenoid modification to his gm will help?
4
4

Riddle Me This, '87 RX-7 Clutch Stall
My 1987 RX-7 has a frequent clutch-stall problem. Push in the clutch most times and it stalls. A few days ago I had the radiator replaced and the stall problem is gone, The temperature gauge reads the...
1
1

Does brake fluid have a shelf life?
I found some at a relative's house that may be 15 years old. It is in a can with a screw off top. I didn't notice the brand.
49
49

Transmission drain/fill causes problem?
It appears that I've created a problem in an attempt to avoid problems. I have a 99 Maxima with 130K on it. A month ago I replaced the transmission fluid at the dealer, a simple drain/fill. Noticed a...
45
45

98 cavalier z24 PO302
My son's z24 recently started skipping at times. Installed new plugs about 4 months ago. They look fine. Pulled code PO302 (Cylinder 2 misfire). I switched plugs in 2 and 3. PO 302 returned a week...
3
3

Anyone ever try to fix a heat/AC swtich (in dash)
Hi, The switch on my 98 Ranger to control heat, defroster, AC has been on the way out for a while - the only setting that worked was high. It has now died completely, even high does not work. I'm...
19
19

Re: why do British say a battery goes flat?
It is just their way of saying a battery is dead.A wrench is a spanner. a hood is a bonnet, a trunk is a boot, a fender is a wing, a windshield is a windscreen..In Ireland, bacon is rashers. cuhulin
16
16

Need advice on brother's 2002 Dodge Dakota
Sorry for another question but things just seem to keep happening: My brother has a 2002 Dodge Dakota truck with a v6. 150,000 miles. He took it to Midas and had a new heater core, coolant flush, etc...
21
21

Re: No ni! Kuka tunnustaa?
T.S.10.05.2008."Lisydinvoimaloiden rakentamisella ei ole tulevissa Euroopan ilmastotalkoissamme MITN merkityst!"... .. Anteeksi nyt varmaan on sattunut maamme kivimmanluokan ydinlobbareillemme...

lack of heat suzuki swift 1999
Hi ! Proud driver of an old suzuki swift 1999, my first brand new car bought 10 years ago and still in very good shape! My problem, I replace the starter a long time ago and since then I have very...

PO 2112/Throttle Actuator Control System/Stuck Closed...
2006 VW Jetta TDI. Any ideas/some had before?
2
2

Why is there more than one multi-viscosity oil?
Is it correct that multi-viscosity oil is to compensate for varying starting temperatures, that the oil is formulated to change as the engine temp increases? I.e. 5W-30 and 20W-30 end up at the same...
4
4

What's the function of vacuum in a gas tank?
There must be a reason a certain amount of vacuum is maintained in a gas tank. Also, how is it regulated? I assume there must be some kind of relief valve, otherwise wouldn't evacuating the entire...
12
12

1994 Caravan fuel pump wiring question
I want to check if the fuel pump in this van is indeed getting power to it..The Haynes manual says to drop the back of the gas tank down and unplug the wiring connector there and test but it seems to...
4
4

Out of vehicle fuel pump test
I need to replace the fuel pump in my brothers 1994 Caravan (3.0 in tank pump) He can`t afford a new one and I refuse to pay for it however I have a friend who works at the local junkyard and I can...
6
6