Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

where is weak link of quick cv boot
so what makes quick cv boot not work? is it the seal? the material? what is the mechanism of failure?
11
11

Free TSB Sources ?
Hello, Thanks for all the previous help. Great Forum. Are there any free online sources where one can view a complete TSB ? Not the one or two line summaries that come up when doing a Google search,...
5
5

LSD Question
LSD Question 1993 Buick Roadmaster 88k Mi 5.7L RWD Recently on acceleration, the right rear tire spins until I let off the gas a little, but this car has a Limited Slip Differential so that shouldn't...
4
4

Buick Dashboard Illumination Level "Flaky"
Hello, Have a brand new 2009 Buick LaCrosse. The dashboard illumination keeps changing. Sometimes quite bright, and other times very dim. Seems quite random, and am finding it hard to correlate the...

what will take to make Quick CV boot to work
I changed my axle on Ford 1984 Escort 1 month ago for driver side inner CV boot torn. Probably ran over something. One month later, it is torn again. Probably ran over something again. I am not going...
4
4

Re: Nissan is developing a system that alerts the existence of ice on the road
spam : Nissan is developing a system that alerts the existence of ice on the : road :

Engine opened after 380000km, Picture Gallery!!! (was: Oil consumption puzzle)
Scott Dorsey wrote: ( in news:gfd68n$si2$ ) ... OK I opened it up, but what exactly should I look at? See the pictures at: What do you think? In my view the exhaust valve seats were to blame. But to...
12
12

GM mulls shedding Pontiac to win aid.
And Saab and Saturn and Hummer. I think GM should have kept Oldsmobile. cuhulin
2
2

Tirerack.com Ratings
I have run numerous models of tires on cars I would like to drive in the near future, and have a good idea, based on those ratings, of which tires are best for which vehicle. My friendly retail rep at...
13
13

95 Jimmy - 4L60-E ground upgrade/recall TSB??
Hi there, Have any of you heard of an upgrade or recall for GM's 4l60-E transmission that speaks on a ground upgrade? I was speaking with a tech who mentioned that I should have this done or risk...
5
5

Re: Bettenhausen Dodge
Downtown tinley park actually. So it's not so great as it sounds and it is a VERY limited offer. A whole 10 vehicles.
1
1

'65 Chevy service in Memphis
Can anyone suggest a quality service shop in Memphis for rear end work (diff, bearings, brake etc) on a 65 Chevy Nova V8? Not cheap, quality. Tried to no avail.

Wiper Blades: Best ?
Hello, Is there a consensus here among all the experts re which Brand, and Type, of wipers is the best ? Live in New England; lots of snow and ice. BTW: are the relatively new types without all the...
4
4

ScanGuage for OBD II port?
Anyone have one of these?

Tire inflation indicators
A previous thread here asked about tire inflation indicators. Just had an issue with mine today that I though I would share. Temperatures here have been low, and suddenly my inflation indicator came...
2
2