Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermal fuses
90 bucs don't seem right if it is the old wire type with the thermal breaker they are about 25 bucs Scott Dorsey wrote:
9
9

1991 6 cyl Lumina how to install fuel filter
Gotten a lot of great help here before - hope can get a little instruction regarding installing a fuel filter my my 1991 Lumina (apprx. 120,000 miles). A glance under the hood reminds me this isn't my...
1
1

95 Jimmy4x4 w elect trans - EGR - can it affect shifting/engagement??
I hope it isn't anything nasty that's for sure. Thanks for the feedback. I would hate to dump this thing after putting a new transmission and motor with headwork in it.... Don't even get me started...
6
6

How to remove sway bar and Control Arm
Hi I have a 1984 VW Rabbit GTI I need to replace the control arm. Figured I would replace both sides as the bushings are not in that great shape. I found a great package, control arm both bushings,...
5
5

Brake Asbestos Concerns
The control arms are not severely rusted - like you say, just some light rusting in places where the paint has flaked. Inside the brake drum the rust is much heavier, to the point where most...
14
14

Battery Dead - Advice Appreciated
Hi, My 1997 Saturn has a new battery installed 3 months ago. I don't drive much, and it started perfectly normally the last time I drove it a week ago. (It's been a cold week with average temperature...
14
14

Charging antique electric vehicles
Any antique car enthusiasts here familiar with antique EVs? How did they charge them. Did the cars have onboard chargers? Did the batteries have to be removed for charging? Was there a simple plug...
3
3

Looking for stand alone OBD2 software with bidirectional capability
browser electronics has a package but i can't remember if it is bi-directional A wrote: inputs so I can test solenoids, maniulate the EGR, IAT, etc. I've looked at Autoenginuity and it doesn't appear...
9
9

New Water Pump Still Leaks
It does look like there is still some crap or rust on the mating surface that needs to be scraped off; can you use a straight edge to verify that the surface is flat? Also, could there be some...
9
9

Two Row Saturn Radiator
I'm trying to find the maker of a two-row radiator for Saturn S series cars. My favorite places got blown away, and I can't relocate the one I found. Larry

Need resource for GM truck rear end overhaul
I have to overhaul the rear end in my 1984 Chevy K-20 truck. It's a 14- bolt GM unit with a 9.5" ring gear. My Haynes manual is basically worthless on this subject. I mostly need torque specs for...
4
4

2002 Jetta auto transmission problems.
Seems to operate OK except when accelerating up, shift into third (I think) there is a jerk (rough shift). Fluid OK, it feels like a sticky solenoid. Does anyone know if adding a bit of gear glide or...

99 Infiniti i30, oil in spark plug hole?
Ok, I called the local Infiniti dealer and got a price quote for $100 labor to change the front valve cover gasket as well as the 3 spark plug holes, with parts its about $135, which includes a loaner...
24
24

intakes
can young take the intake off a 88 ford 5.8 efi and put a intake to fit a carburetor on it

I was
drunk when I said that about 1952 Ford cars.But, they were really the best cars ever. cuhulin
1
1