Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fisker Karma.
I saw something on this evening CBS evening tv news about the Fisker Karma hybrid cars, based in California.50 miles on a full electric charge (solar cells curved roof) and then the gas engine kicks...
8
8

Discourse
One of the things that I hope we should all be capable of doing is discussing these issues on a non-partisan basis. I have had disagreements with 80Knight, and he with me, but we are not enemies. We...

Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?
Excellent discussion.
258
258

Mitsubishi E54a V6 manual trans codes
As per subject line, I have a 6A12 V6 with a F5M222 VPVF 5 spd manual and I need a replacement. I can get a F5M22 from a 6A10 Lancer, are they the same gear ratios and final drive? An links for...

Loud chattering noise from engine
Its not a rocker arm, its a hydraulic lifter that is draining when the engine is stopped. Probably has a piece of grit in the check valve seat, or its finally just worn enough that it leaks down. When...
7
7

2000 mazda miata clutch limp
More than likely the slave, not the master, has gone south. The master is POSSIBLE, but the slave is a MUCH more likely culprit - read on... Both Miatas and early-80's 626s use the same master/slave...
2
2

Not too off topic, I hope.
1,800 Year Old Chariot Unearthed. I have heard or read before of people refering to cars as chariots. cuhulin
1
1

Porsche 928 questions...
Anybody have any experience with this car?
6
6

Chinese Automakers may buy GM and Chrysler.
There was a Hudson factory in Russia until the early nineties. --scott
1
1

Windshield wash fluids.
the life of wipers and window seals. Vinegar is the only thing I have found that will remove the grime from ground water that blows on my windows from lawn sprinklers. Well, yeah. That's not "grime,"...
14
14

Tire inflation dashboard warning....
"Andrew" wrote in news:v51Wk.56$ Don't know a lot about Nissans. Do you have rubber valve stems or steel? If rubber, there's no reason you can't install new wheels, as there's nothing inside them to...
9
9

Thermal fuses
90 bucs don't seem right if it is the old wire type with the thermal breaker they are about 25 bucs Scott Dorsey wrote:
9
9

1991 6 cyl Lumina how to install fuel filter
Gotten a lot of great help here before - hope can get a little instruction regarding installing a fuel filter my my 1991 Lumina (apprx. 120,000 miles). A glance under the hood reminds me this isn't my...
1
1

95 Jimmy4x4 w elect trans - EGR - can it affect shifting/engagement??
I hope it isn't anything nasty that's for sure. Thanks for the feedback. I would hate to dump this thing after putting a new transmission and motor with headwork in it.... Don't even get me started...
6
6

How to remove sway bar and Control Arm
Hi I have a 1984 VW Rabbit GTI I need to replace the control arm. Figured I would replace both sides as the bushings are not in that great shape. I found a great package, control arm both bushings,...
5
5