Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Use of Anti Seize on Vehicle Lug Nuts
Hi everyone, I would like to start a discussion on the use of anti seize on vehicle lug nuts. Searching the net, there are people that claim to have used anti seize on lug nuts for many years with no...
24
24

New Automobile Price Quotes - Free
Buy a New Automobile below Invoice Why pay sticker? You can buy????a new car below invoice. Smart shoppers are using our free service to find out how to save thousands on a new car. Get a price quote...

Detroit Free Press: Vehicle transaction prices continue falling
I hope nobody is paying full sticker for the average ride: New vehicle transaction prices in the United States declined for the 10th consecutive month in October -- after 44 months of increases from...
1
1

Windstar fogging windows
I tokk my Windstar to have the fogging window problem checked. Turns out the cabin air filter was very dirty and needed changing. Not something I even considered. When I was still working, 15 years,...

2002 Blazer 4WD not working
Hello everyone, I recently acquired a 2002 Blazer. I tried the 4WD and it is not working. When I push the 4 HI / 4LO buttons I can hear a "click" but it doesn't feel like anything engages. (my brother...
16
16

Matrix, Yaris hatchback - cargo conceal cover?
Toyota Matrix, Yaris hatchback - is there some kind of aftermarket cargo conceal cover available? The kind of plastic panel that would mount above the cargo compartment so that a curious eye can't see...
5
5

Taurus ignition switch actuator broken yet again
For the third time the nylon "actuator" for the ignition switch is broken in my '95 Taurus. It's a major PITA to dig in to the steering column's tilt-wheel machinery to replace this fragile,...
1
1

central locking lights sticking on
I have a Daewoo Tacuma and the central locking lights are staying on. The sidelights that flash as you turn remotely lock/unlock it. sometimes it can take 10 minutes of clicking to get the damn things...
3
3

Starter broke?
My niece has a Ford Escape 1996. I was with her today. When she tried to start the car it made a noise. She turned the switch off and then tried again and it started. This also happened once before...
5
5

Drive By Wire
As i understand, "Drive By Wire" means that the car's ECU reads a throttle position sensor and then moves the throttle plates in accordance, with no actual mechanical connection between the gas pedal...
34
34

TPMS tools?
any PRO'S here have a good evaluation of a tool for all around TPM diagnosis?......manuf. and model number helpful for research...TIA...........bill
4
4

78 Firedbird Statrer..Excessive Amperage.
I have a 1978 Firedbird...350..4 bbl..auto. The starter will not turn over the engine and 'clicks'. I checked the battery cable connections, connections on the starter etc. The battery is new and...
20
20

Vehicle Tracking; Ultimately Useful Tool In Business
CAR GPS: Vehicle Tracking; Ultimately Useful Tool In Business...
1
1

Trying to isolate engine/transmission noise
Hey all, I'm hoping someone can assist me with a recent problem. I have a 2004 Scion xB 5-spd manual with 150k miles on it. Recently I have noticed a whine when driving. Usually the whine manifests...
6
6

Outside the box Jeep electrical question
OK. I'll try to keep this short. For almost 2 years now my 1994 Cherokee 4.0 automatic has had this unfixable problem involving the throttle position sensor. Basically the Jeep drive just fine and...
4
4