Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2002 Blazer 4WD not working
Hello everyone, I recently acquired a 2002 Blazer. I tried the 4WD and it is not working. When I push the 4 HI / 4LO buttons I can hear a "click" but it doesn't feel like anything engages. (my brother...
16
16

Matrix, Yaris hatchback - cargo conceal cover?
Toyota Matrix, Yaris hatchback - is there some kind of aftermarket cargo conceal cover available? The kind of plastic panel that would mount above the cargo compartment so that a curious eye can't see...
5
5

Taurus ignition switch actuator broken yet again
For the third time the nylon "actuator" for the ignition switch is broken in my '95 Taurus. It's a major PITA to dig in to the steering column's tilt-wheel machinery to replace this fragile,...
1
1

central locking lights sticking on
I have a Daewoo Tacuma and the central locking lights are staying on. The sidelights that flash as you turn remotely lock/unlock it. sometimes it can take 10 minutes of clicking to get the damn things...
3
3

Starter broke?
My niece has a Ford Escape 1996. I was with her today. When she tried to start the car it made a noise. She turned the switch off and then tried again and it started. This also happened once before...
5
5

Drive By Wire
As i understand, "Drive By Wire" means that the car's ECU reads a throttle position sensor and then moves the throttle plates in accordance, with no actual mechanical connection between the gas pedal...
34
34

TPMS tools?
any PRO'S here have a good evaluation of a tool for all around TPM diagnosis?......manuf. and model number helpful for research...TIA...........bill
4
4

78 Firedbird Statrer..Excessive Amperage.
I have a 1978 Firedbird...350..4 bbl..auto. The starter will not turn over the engine and 'clicks'. I checked the battery cable connections, connections on the starter etc. The battery is new and...
20
20

Vehicle Tracking; Ultimately Useful Tool In Business
CAR GPS: Vehicle Tracking; Ultimately Useful Tool In Business...
1
1

Trying to isolate engine/transmission noise
Hey all, I'm hoping someone can assist me with a recent problem. I have a 2004 Scion xB 5-spd manual with 150k miles on it. Recently I have noticed a whine when driving. Usually the whine manifests...
6
6

Outside the box Jeep electrical question
OK. I'll try to keep this short. For almost 2 years now my 1994 Cherokee 4.0 automatic has had this unfixable problem involving the throttle position sensor. Basically the Jeep drive just fine and...
4
4

Pinhole Leak Power Steering. Use Sealer ?
Hi, I've had a pinhole leak in the pressure hose in my 85 Caprice for a while now. Haven't had the time to put a new hose in. Looks like a PITA too. Very old, rusty threads. SLow leak. It only leaks...
15
15

1999 Mustang GT battery draw:
Hi a buddy has a 1999 Mustang GT 4.6L that keeps drawing on the battery and dying when left for more than a day. The draw is significant enough that when you touch the negative cable to the battery,...
3
3

'97 Ford T-Bird, Fuel Pump Problem
My parents are having an issue with their fuel system v6, 3.8. Car will crank, but wont start. The pump is brand new. No fuel getting to/ through fuel filter. Dont believe pump is kicking on. My first...
2
2

Questions regarding function of vehicle rubber body mounts
Here is a link to the AMC Jeep CJ7 setup. They show the tubes sandwiched solidly pretty clearly on these mounts. Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the...
5
5