Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chevy Body Swap
Hello all, I've got this idea I've been kicking around in my head for a while and I want to submit it for a reality check. See, I've got this 1994 Chevy Caprice 9C1 (police package) sitting around. It...
8
8

Alan Smithee Films
Just out of curiosity, since we are looking for the worst film, I did an IMDB search for "Alan Smithee" - legendary director of bad films. Guess what I found? 1. Dennis Hopper (Actor, Speed (1994/I))...
2
2

Jeep Crank Position Sensor
Hello all. I have to change the CPS on my 1994 Jeep Cherokee (4.0 eng). Has anyone changed one of these recently and have any input on the easiest way to get at it? It's in a horrible location to try...
4
4

Chrysler,
wherever,,, I have said it before (not in this newsgroup though) Chrysler screwed up when they merged with Daimler. cuhulin
4
4

91 Chevy K1500, need source of supply for leaf spring U bolts, U bolt anchor plates, and top spacer
Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 4WD 1/2 ton pickup truck with a short bed. The truck has a Conventional two door Cab and the wheel base is 117.5 inches. The engine size is a 4.3 V6, engine code...
2
2

Driving on empty
Is it bad for a car to drive near empty? I was cruising down the highway Saturday, 20 miles from the town with the cheapest gas around, in a Taurus whose digital display said I could go 22 miles...
13
13

Looking for online parts look-up for GM part numbers, & part number interchange site
Besides does anyone know of a site that will allow me to enter a vehicle year, make, model, etc., and find GM part numbers for a specific part ? Other than does anyone know of a site that provides...
1
1

Turbo MegaSquirt Studebaker gets a record @ SpeedWeek 2008.
Studebaker, Studebaker, ten feet tall, Studebaker, Studebaker, spit on the wall! cuhulin
2
2

94 Topaz Idler Pulley partly missing?
My niece has an old 94 Topaz with a 4 cyl automatic...A couple of days ago she said the car was over heating and hard to steer..I went up there today and found the serpentine belt was basically...
2
2

COMPACT DISCS ARE DEAD!!!
They are SO 1987!! So why haven't mini-aux jacks(AKA I-Pod ports) become a fact of life on more domestic and imported dashboards?? I mean, get real - nobody spins anything to play music anymore.. And...
20
20

GM, Chrysler in merger talks.
cuhulin
4
4

What is a "flex tube" on a 2004 Volkswagen
My friend has a 2004 Volkswagen. She began hearing a noise coming from underneath the car. She took it to a mechanic that is listed in the yellow pages and he told her that the flex tube is damaged....
1
1

BP invigorate
Does anyone know any facts about this additive? Better than Tecroline? (sp?) Better than snake oil? The ads are vague enough, are there facts somewhere?

Chev air bag code 51 cannot clear
Hi, I usually do not work on collision stuff, but for myself I repaired a 2000 Chev pick-up that was wrecked. I replaced the airbag and have used the vehicle for almost a year. Now, it is neccessary...

TH400 wont shift to drive
Some details: 69 chevy c20 with a 350 sbc and a th400. Neither the motor nor the transmission are original. Problem: when starting the truck everything shifts fine from 1st to drive. Say I drive a few...
7
7