Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chrysler Cruise control 2000 Voyager
I'm considering adding cruise control to this vehicle, It did not have it from the factory, but there are some replacable covers on the steering wheel where the switches would have gone. I was...
1
1

Nissan VQ30
Nissan Presarge with VQ30 V6 has a missfire at idle some times when it rains gets worse need help with this as its hard to sort out.
4
4

Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 to to 16 valve swap
Hey guys i have a 1996 volkswagen jetta with a stock 2.0 motor with manual trans. I would like to swap it out with a 2.0 16 valve DOHC motor. Does any body know if it is a bolt in swap or if not what...

What could have happened/Follow-up
Oppps..OK first a correction..The sensor that was broken was one all the way on the rear of the head not the manifold..Replaced that. Anyway, I went back to where the Jeep was this morning and it...
5
5

Specific vehicle for children
To Start, I hate Minivans. I have 3 young children. I'm looking for any SUV that has the following criteria: 3 Rows of Seating 2nd row must be captain chairs 3rd must be split, either 50/50 or 60/40...
2
2

Car Deposit For New Car When Ordering ?
Hello, Expect to shortly order a new 2009 car from a relatively small dealership. Have read about the collapse of that very large Chevy dealership; nation's largest apparently. Scarry. In light of...
7
7

Smoke Coming Out Of Distributer (long post)
OK, here's one that's totally stumping me...I'm driving the other day, in the rain, and my '90 Acura Legend gives a slight pop from the engine compartment and then stalls out. I pull over to the side...
2
2

What could have happened?????
Oy. OK I changed the head gasket and intake/exhaust gasket today on my Jeep 4.0. It fired up fine but I seemed to be smelling/seeing exhaust up near the engine (By this time it was completely dark)...
4
4

P0135 and now P0420 CEL
I have a '97 Lexus ES300 with 112K miles. I had got a CEL with P0135 code. I replaced the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor with a OEM sensor. Two days later, I get another CEL and now the code is P0420 -...
2
2

Jeep head gasket replacement: Follow-Up
Hello. First I want to thank everyone who answered my compression question so quickly and knowledablely. You guys are the best! (Please see "What does "No compression mean?" thread for a refesher)...
13
13

1983 Dodge van battery cables and ignition switch.
I bought the van last Sunday.Each one of the positive and negative battery cables has a replacement clamp on the end where they connect to the battery.I don't like those kind of the positive and the...
6
6

Creative Uses for a Handheld GPS System
?Another use on foot for handheld GPS system is during long camping or hiking trips...

why does Advance A/P no longer sell steel brake-fluid lines?
Subject asks it. Anyone know why? sam
5
5

What does "No compression" mean?
My 1994 Jeep Cherokee (Inline 6 4.0) started running really rough last week as if one of the cylinders was missing. I changed all the plugs and wires and cap/rotor and that fixed nothing. I was...
40
40

Is motorcraft now autolite?
I went looking for motorcraft plugs for my 87 Lincoln. Three major parts stores said there is no more motocraft, its all now autolite. Can I assume that an autolite plug is 100% the same as the...
24
24