Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Auto Parts stores beware getting calls from the relay telephone network (deaf people usually use)
I work at an auto parts store and we just got a call from a guy who calls himself Jamed Kerr who used the telephone relay network to place a $2600 spark plug order. He gave me the credit card # which...

Noises while driving but stops when breaking
I have a 95 Mercury Villager that just recently started making a weird noise that is higher pitched and seems like it's coming from the wheel well. It stops making the noise, however, when I break. I...
17
17

Mysterious problem
I have a 1998 Toyota Camry with an intermittent problem that’s existed for over three years. My local dealer has checked the car out and found nothing wrong. Of course, the problem doesn’t occur...
11
11

Need feedback on new car purchase
Okay, through e-mail and phone, sales is giving me invoice for the car itself, and of course there are the unavoidables like sales tax, title charges and destination charge, but what bugs me are the...
20
20

Latest GPS - Features of S90i GPS
The S90i is one of the latest Global Positioning Systems and has many great features...

Should I change my transmission filter at 170,000 miles?
It still have the original one in it, and I was wondering if I'm due. And no I'm not considering a flush, I know not to do that, I want to stay on topic to just the filter. I once had a car where I...
5
5

Rv and accessory tanks available...
Not trying to pimp here. , but offers 100's of sizes of replacement tanks for water and waste. Plastic-mart let's you located the fittings , any size , any location.... custom sizes are available as...

Replacement of rear cab mounts on a 1991 Chevy K1500 short bed pickup
Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 short bed pickup. I'm replacing the rear cab mounts (rubber bushings). I have a Chilton and it looks like a fairly straight forward job, but I have never...
11
11

Strange Noise
Hi. We have a 2001 Hyundai Accent GS automobile that's making a strange noise. The noise sounds like a metallic clicking or rattling (not quite sure how to describe it) and it occurs intermittently --...
11
11

What's so
good about those auld movies on the TCM channel are those auld cars/'s back when they made them Good! cuhulin
1
1

Tire info links
bob ----== Posted via - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Wait a cycle after resetting MIL before inspection?
I've had my Lexus LS400 exhaust repaired, and they reset the engine light. Can I get it inspected immediately? (I'm in NJ if that makes any difference.) Shop told me the OBD2 will show "Not Ready" for...
10
10

Begagnade Bilar Säljes - Pre-owned Car for Sale
Företagsbilar Säljes - Bilförsäljning - Bil Fynd i Sverige ! Ford E-350 XLT Econoline TD Årsmod: 2001 Motor /Bränsle: 7,3 L Powerstroke Turbodiesel Växellåda: Aut Mätarställning: 19000 mil...

Looking for a source for Metric Carriage Bolts
I am looking for what I would call a carriage bolt, except that it has a round spline under the head instead of a square shape that is usually under the head of a carriage bolt. The round shoulder...
5
5

98 Buick Lesabre Stalls
a lot of these gm vehicles have fuel pump problems. I am not sure if this would be one. Get the fuel pressure checked. If its down even a little you may need a new fuel pump and/or filter.
6
6